mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 10
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3549 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
Male lvrooy

South Africa
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Eloquent not displaying Bibles

Hi
Installed Eloquent on my MBPro but are unable to display the any of the
bibles. I deleted the repository on the Mac and downloaded fresh copies
but is still unable to display the bibles. The Commentaries & dictionaries
seem to display ok.
Thanks for any help.

Les
[May 4, 2011 1:57:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany
Re: Eloquent not displaying Bibles

Which bibles are you trying?

Manfred
[May 4, 2011 2:25:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male lvrooy

South Africa

Thanks for the quick response, Manfred.

Bibles: AKJV, ASV Afr1953, LITV, MKJV, NETfree, RNKJV, TR & WLC

Some background: I had MS v1.xxx installed before upgrading to v2. The bibles did display a few times and then stopped (that apparently, was the incompatible v1 modules). I then installed Eloquent, but still no luck with bible displays; I still had the v1 modules at the time. I only then updated the modules, but still no luck. As a test, I installed MS v2 again, and this time the bibles displayed ok. I then deleted all modules, installed Eloquent & did a complete re-download of all the modules, but no luck with the bibles' display. The module installs was done from within Eloquent.

Had a look in .../App Support/Eloquent, but can't see anything resembling a ref to the downloaded bible modules except for AKJV, which, BTW, do not display either.
thanks

Les
[May 6, 2011 12:29:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

All modules are stored in .../App Support/Sword.

Sometimes it may happen that module downloads through the module installer are incomplete, then they will not display anything.
Also it may cause issues if the same module is available twice. This can happen is you download the Mac module (.swd) copy it to the above folder and additionally install the same module using the integrated module installer.

Have you taken over your data (prefs, sessions, etc.) from MacSword 2 to Eloquent?

Manfred
[May 6, 2011 12:57:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male lvrooy

South Africa

Thanks.
Yes, all modules are in .../Sword.
No prefs/etc taken over from v2.

I did install a fresh copy of MS v2 to "test" if the modules can be opened/used. Everything seem to work ok in v2.

The gear just spins (endlessly it seems) when double clicking on a bible in Eloquent.
thanks

Les
[May 6, 2011 4:30:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

You could try the following.

Copy your preferences from MacSword2 to Eloquent:

cd ~/Library/Preferences/
cp org.crosswire.MacSword.plist org.crosswire.Eloquent.plist

Then copy the app data:

cd "~/Library/Application Support"
cp -r MacSword Eloquent

The above code is to be used in a Terminal.
This should create the same environment for Eloquent as it exists for MacSword 2.
If you don't know how to work with Terminal please let me know.

Manfred
[May 7, 2011 11:25:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male lvrooy

South Africa

Thanks!

Les
[May 11, 2011 11:12:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Does it work now, or?

Manfred
[May 11, 2011 11:41:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male lvrooy

South Africa

I deleted all the Sword 2 files when searching for a way to get Eloquent to work. I will have to recreate them & try your suggestion. Or are there another solution?
BTW out of country for a couple of months. Will try & give feedback once back.
thanks

Les
[May 12, 2011 9:08:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male lvrooy

South Africa

Thanks, Manfred. Eventually got around copying the pref.s, etc. Works fine now.
regards
Les
[Sep 12, 2011 10:50:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread