mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4352 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Male treader

Thailand
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Converting from MacSword to Eloquent

Hi.

I have no further use for MacSword since Eloquent was released. I deleted it from my hard drive using AppZapper, and searching the computer for MacSword.

1 There is still a folder called modules that exists at iMac/Jeffrey/Documents/Modules that contains all of my modules (many of which Eloquent does not have) Is it possible to tell Eloquent where these are? Eloquent has an, "Install Source Window" which allow you to pick a Local source, but I don't know how to fill in the rest of the fields - plus, one of them seems permanently 'grayed out' - the Host Window.

WHAT A DRAG! When I pushed Preview all but the above was erased. The 2nd time neither preview nor post worked - but at least this time I copied the text. Then I refreshed the page. If this goes through you'll know the 3rd time worked.

1. I made a couple screen shots of windows in Eloquent for use in explaining things better, but found no way to attach them.

2. One window, the "Install Source Window" has an option for finding Local files, but no way to browse for them. I tried to write down the proper info, but it was very PC oriented, and I haven't touched a PC since the age of DOS. Anyhow, is there a way to point it to the file on my computer with all the MacSword modules?

3. If not, can you tell me where all the MacSword & Eloquent files are supposed to be located? If I find where Eloquent keeps its modules, will I be able to drag my MacSword modules into the Eloquent files? Will they work.

4. I downloaded 'cro' = croatian bible into Eloquent, then did a search for 'cro' using spotlight - absolutely nothing appeared. Mac has a mysterious way of dealing with its files.

Thanks - in advance,

Jeffrey
[Apr 30, 2011 8:25:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany
Re: Converting from MacSword to Eloquent

Hi.

I have no further use for MacSword since Eloquent was released. I deleted it from my hard drive using AppZapper, and searching the computer for MacSword.

1 There is still a folder called modules that exists at iMac/Jeffrey/Documents/Modules that contains all of my modules (many of which Eloquent does not have) Is it possible to tell Eloquent where these are? Eloquent has an, "Install Source Window" which allow you to pick a Local source, but I don't know how to fill in the rest of the fields - plus, one of them seems permanently 'grayed out' - the Host Window.

MacSword 2 and Eloquent use the same module installation which is at:
"/Users/<youraccount>/Library/Application Support/Sword"

Just copy your modules there.

1. I made a couple screen shots of windows in Eloquent for use in explaining things better, but found no way to attach them.

In order to display images here you need to copy them someplace on the web and add a link to it here.

2. One window, the "Install Source Window" has an option for finding Local files, but no way to browse for them. I tried to write down the proper info, but it was very PC oriented, and I haven't touched a PC since the age of DOS. Anyhow, is there a way to point it to the file on my computer with all the MacSword modules?

The module installer is actually a remote module installer because installing modules from a local source is more or less just a copy operation using the Finder.
See above for the path to the modules folder.

Manfred
[May 1, 2011 6:18:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male treader

Thailand

Hi,

Thanks for the answer. I fooled around with it a little more after I posted, and have most of it figured out now. I'll let you know if I run into any more speed bumps!

Thanks,

Jeffrey
[May 1, 2011 6:29:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male JonGl
Regular

Hi.

3. If not, can you tell me where all the MacSword & Eloquent files are supposed to be located? If I find where Eloquent keeps its modules, will I be able to drag my MacSword modules into the Eloquent files? Will they work.

It is not so complicated as it seems at first. In that window that you see when you choose "Local" when you go to add a new install source, in the top-right of the window, you should see a new button, named "Directory". This is the button you need to click on.

When you click on it, you will see the standard "Open" Dialog. Navigate to your old Modules folder, and making sure that you see the mods.d and Modules folder in the last pane, click on "Open". Next, back in the other window, give your source a name (and the "host" is greyed out, because it's locallost, which cannot be changed), and click on OK. Now, you should see your modules in the sidebar on the left.

4. I downloaded 'cro' = croatian bible into Eloquent, then did a search for 'cro' using spotlight - absolutely nothing appeared. Mac has a mysterious way of dealing with its files.

Spotlight doesn't index certain folders, the Library is one of those folders, and that's where the modules are now kept. Go to your User Home folder, next find your Library folder. Inside that, find the Application Support folder, and inside there, you should see a folder, named "Sword". That should be where all your modules will be located that Eloquent uses. You can manually move your modules there, but honestly, it's enough complicated, that it's probably easier to use the module installer with the local source. HTH...

-Jon
[May 1, 2011 6:55:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread