mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 83716 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Male yev323
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Russian Synodal Version Missing

I downloaded the new Eloquent software for my mac and I am missing the Russian Synodal Translation Bible in my Module Installer. Was it erased? If so, where can I obtain it?
[Apr 15, 2011 3:54:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male yev323
Stranger

Re: Russian Synodal Version Missing

I heard somewhere that this version of the Bible was removed due to problems with the copyright. Is this true? I also have this Bible module from another computer. How can I install it into Eloquent?
[Apr 26, 2011 5:42:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male bakhmutsky
Stranger

Россия

Is there something new? I would love to use Russian Synodal Translation. Somebody heard anything new?
[Jun 14, 2011 6:48:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male curiosus
Stranger

I heard somewhere that this version of the Bible was removed due to problems with the copyright. Is this true? I also have this Bible module from another computer. How can I install it into Eloquent?

It's not true. Russian Synodal Translation is in public domain for a long time. It's so strange that it was removed from the current version of Xiphos. And we have instead exotic and questionable translation of Pentateuch by Archimandrit Macarios. But RST should be added, because it is the most popular version. It is partly outdated, indeed, but it shouldn't be ignored.
[Jul 15, 2011 4:44:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Kalemas
Regular

Russia

You would look at RusSynodal module in "avraw" repository (for more information see http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/Modules_in_the_av11n_repository). RST module is not available for now.
[Jul 15, 2011 11:15:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male curiosus
Stranger

I believe, you can add in your manager of modules additional source. Name: FTP CrossWire av11n, address: ftp.crosswire.org/pub/sword/avraw
RST is there.
[Jul 5, 2012 2:28:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male curiosus
Stranger

There is a detailed video on this page with detailed howto.
http://www.macsword.com/tour/. I mean the link: "How to use module installer". I am on Linux, so the GUI of my program is a bit different, but after watching this video I could add a new source of modules to mac program. Press "Manage modules", press the green plus ("add sources" button) and print in the opened form data (name and address of FTP server) from my previous post. Press "Refresh" button.
[Jul 7, 2012 6:36:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread