mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1804 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
Male Kunio

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Flat text search

This problem has been there for a while but I never mentioned.

The search result for Japanese text on Kougo is just not right.
I am not sure why PS is not getting the right results.

The number of occurance of the word of Love (愛) in Kougo with Xephos is 540. (Multi word, no scope)

But when I search with PocketSword with "fuzzy" "match any" "whole Bible", I only get 92. (with fuzzy off, only 2 results)

I tested with few others but it still gives much less.

Now, I am not sure if that's the problem with the index or PS.
If you can advise me what to do to find the root issue, I will do since the problem is pretty language specific.

Thank you.
[Mar 7, 2011 12:09:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Flat text search

Ahh, interesting. I haven't looked much into how clucene handles other languages, so I wonder if I need to tweak it's settings for Japanese & Chinese & similar languages?
Unfortunately I don't have heaps of time right now, but I'll try to look into how Xiphos handles Japanese text... :)

Thanks! ybic
nic... :)
----------------------------------------
PocketSword Developer
http://twitter.com/PocketSword
[Mar 7, 2011 3:52:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread