mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1452 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Male Ron
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Help

I have an Imac, Intel core Duo, OSX 10.4.11 and these are the steps I have taken.

- Eloquent Home Page, click Download tab.

- Click MacSword 1.4.4 and when download is complete a widow appears that has a MacSword icon plus a Readmes file.

- I double click the MacSword icon to activate it and a small window appears saying - You have no modules installed. So I click O.K. and pull down the MacSword title (upper left) to Module Installer. This brings another small window saying - Do you want the remote to be checked for availability? I click yes. The Module Manager appears in a short time.

- Select the title - Crosswire (upper left) and many names appear.

- Select the refresh install source (names disappear when done)

- Re-select the title - Crosswire (names reappear)

- Select KJV Module which shades the entire line.

- Click on the task word none and pull down to install.

- Click the Process Tasks icon and the progress window appears saying the installation is in progress. BUT when finished the whole line continues to be shaded while still saying - NOT INSTALLED.

- Close MacSword, start up again with the same small window appearing as when I started which says - You have no Modules installed.

From here I can double click my H.D. icon and it has 8 items in it. Applications, Library, System, Developer, Users, KJV.conf, Modules, Abode Flash layer.

When I go to open the MacSword and look under preferences it says Volumes/MacSword. I have removed and started over a number of times and read posts, but still do not know what I am doing wrong. Have spent about 8 hrs on this, I'm tired.

Thanks in advance for any time and info.

Ron
[Feb 24, 2011 2:17:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male undercover
Regular

Re: Help

I think you're skipping a step -- after you download and the window pops up, drag Eloquent to your applications folder to install it. Does that fix your missing module problem?
[Feb 25, 2011 10:28:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Ron
Stranger

Undercover

Thank you very much for the reply. I spent about 8 hours removing, re-installing and reading posts, but thanks to your help it took less than 8 minutes to remove everything and start over again. But this time include your advice and presto, everything installed just fine.

Now I have a question on using MacSword if you have the time to help. When I study, I would like to be able to copy the chapter and then have the Strongs definitions of certain words placed on the bottom of that copied page as foot notes. Is that possible? I see in the upper pull down headings it says you can enable footnotes. Does that in some way make what I would like to do possible? If so could you tell me what the steps would be?

Thank you again.

Ron
[Feb 28, 2011 8:54:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Hi.

Dmg's are readonly. So you would always want to copy (drag & drop) the app to you hard drive.

I think you have to copy the Strong's definitions manually.
The footnotes can only be enabled if the modules contains such. They normally are notes by the author of the module/translation and cannot be modified. Normally, when enabled they are rendered after a verse in red italic text.

Manfred
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by mdbergmann at Feb 28, 2011 9:38:10 AM]
[Feb 28, 2011 9:37:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Ron
Stranger

Manfred

Thank you very much for that information.

Ron
[Feb 28, 2011 1:28:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia

Manfred, there is some OSS code out there somewhere which checks the location of the app on launch and if it detects that it's not in /Applications it will prompt the user ask if it can move itself. I may have time this week to look around for it if you're interested? :)
----------------------------------------
PocketSword Developer
http://twitter.com/PocketSword
[Mar 5, 2011 7:44:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread