mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4516 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Male daniu
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Chinese Bible Module

Hi!

I had been downloading all 4 Chinese Bibles (Chinese Union, New Chinese Version both simplified and traditional) from crosswire.

But in the program I only get the Pinyin code (Chinese Pronounciation for everyone besides Taiwanese, HK, Macau). That is good because it is easier to read for people who want to learn Chinese. But ... how can i get the Characters also? Are there separate modules? Is there a serverlist for modules?

On http://christian.net/websword/ I can see that it is indeed possible to get the Characters ... So - how?

regards
Daniel
[Apr 16, 2004 4:08:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male jansorg
Developer

Re: Chinese Bible Module

I guess you are using the Windows version.

Please make sure you disabled the transliteration options in the menu.

Joachim
[Apr 18, 2004 3:30:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male daniu
Stranger

Re: Chinese Bible Module

Hi!

Yes - cool! Thanks!
[Apr 18, 2004 3:39:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Scholar
Stranger

China
applause Re: Chinese Bible Module

For a proper display of Chinese characters in the Sword program, do all of the following (in case you run Sword on a Windows system):

1. Install the MS Arial Unicode onto your system.
2. With SWord version installed, open the Font Options window and choose MS Arialunicode as displaying font.

In such case, you should clearly have Chinese charcters displayed.
If you do not knmow where to get the MS Arial unicode font (it is quite a large file of 13 MBs or so) contact me. I will be able to help you.

Greetings and Blessings from China!
Scholar

Hi!

I had been downloading all 4 Chinese Bibles (Chinese Union, New Chinese Version both simplified and traditional) from crosswire.

But in the program I only get the Pinyin code (Chinese Pronounciation for everyone besides Taiwanese, HK, Macau). That is good because it is easier to read for people who want to learn Chinese. But ... how can i get the Characters also? Are there separate modules? Is there a serverlist for modules?

On http://christian.net/websword/ I can see that it is indeed possible to get the Characters ... So - how?

regards
Daniel

[Dec 12, 2004 7:11:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread