mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2216 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Male wam00067
Stranger

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Help with finding and deleting Xiphos configuration file

I installed Xiphos on my Fedora 14 / Dell Inspirion 530 and it worked great. I installed 5 Bibles and changed the display font. Then added some tabs and tried to add a parallel text. After closing it, whenever I start it again, it gives the splash screen and seg faults and closes. ran it from terminal to see if it left a message. Here it is:

** (xiphos:7024): CRITICAL **: clearlooks_style_draw_box_gap: assertion `height >= -1' failed

So I said, Hey, no problem. I'll just delete the modifications I made and It will run like a champ again. However, finding where xiphos puts this info has eluded me. Where does Xiphos hide this file?

Does anyone have any helpful ideas on getting my Xiphos working again? I tried add/remove software and removed it and re-installed it, but the same thing happens. I guess it doesn't delete the config file on un-install. Is deleting the config file a good idea?

Thanks
William.
[Feb 17, 2011 10:32:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male ransom1982
Regular

Re: Help with finding and deleting Xiphos configuration file

rm -rf ~/.xiphos
[Feb 17, 2011 11:47:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male karl
Regular

If you have the time, we'd appreciate it if you could do a quick bit of analysis to help us understand how it failed:
http://ftp.xiphos.org/sword/debugging/xiphos-backtrace

The particular message you got is non-critical (notwithstanding it being called "CRITICAL"), it's just an internal glitch. Something bigger/deeper is going on when you get the splash and then a failure. We'd like to know what.
----------------------------------------
Project Admin, Xiphos
[Feb 18, 2011 4:15:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    karlkleinpaste    karlkleinpaste [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male wam00067
Stranger

Thanks Ransom and Karl. The fix worked like a charm. Much appreciated.
Here is the debug info you requested:

(gdb) r
Starting program: /usr/bin/xiphos
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
[New Thread 0xb7dd7b70 (LWP 11867)]
[New Thread 0xb7268b70 (LWP 11868)]
[New Thread 0xb68ffb70 (LWP 11869)]
[New Thread 0xb60feb70 (LWP 11870)]
[New Thread 0xb58fdb70 (LWP 11871)]
[New Thread 0xb0d64b70 (LWP 11872)]

** (xiphos:11864): CRITICAL **: clearlooks_style_draw_box_gap: assertion `height >= -1' failed
[New Thread 0xb04e1b70 (LWP 11873)]

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x080a19b1 in BackEnd::get_entry_attribute(char const*, char const*, char const*) ()
(gdb) bt
#0 0x080a19b1 in BackEnd::get_entry_attribute(char const*, char const*, char const*) ()
#1 0x080bce51 in get_heading(sword::SWBuf&, BackEnd*, int) ()
#2 0x080bcfb8 in main_update_parallel_page ()
#3 0x080915be in gui_notebook_main_switch_page ()
#4 0x08093755 in gui_notebook_main_setup ()
#5 0x08097fc1 in frontend_display ()
#6 0x080b58a2 in main ()
(gdb) k
Kill the program being debugged? (y or n) y
(gdb) q
[Feb 18, 2011 7:23:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread