mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 28
Posts: 28   Pages: 3   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10208 times and has 27 replies Next Thread
Male undercover
Regular

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: MacSword rename

Okay, I'll take those comments and come back with something today or tomorrow. You don't happen to have a high quality version of the current logo you can send me?

My idea with the sword is that it's not only a sword, it's also a cross and it's also the 't' at the end of Eloquent. Would it be better to put it next to the E? Then it might be a bit too close to "E-Sword" -- wouldn't want that. I could also change up the font... After re-looking at their logo (E+Sword) - maybe it should be something else?

If I get a chance I may also mock up a full length logo for a splash page / website.
[Jan 24, 2011 7:54:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Used as an icon I thought the dimensions don't totally fit. Hmm, well I'm not sure. It look good actually.
I appreciate your work on it.

Manfred
[Jan 24, 2011 3:49:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

If you look at the icon lying on the desktop I think is lokks a little out of dimenstions especially the right upper corner.

What do you think?

Manfred
[Jan 27, 2011 12:09:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male undercover
Regular

I agree. I'll try to fix up a new one soon...
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by undercover at Jan 28, 2011 1:09:15 PM]
[Jan 28, 2011 1:08:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male undercover
Regular

Did this one for fun, but I don't particularly like it...

http://dagyo.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/eloquent-b.png?w=512
[Jan 28, 2011 1:22:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male chasm
Regular

USA

Hi.

MacSword will get renamed to "Eloquent" in the next release (2.3).
There are more reasons but one of the main one is that Apple doesn't allow a name containing "Mac" in the AppStore.
Type "Mac" into the search field in App Store and watch what happens.
<this signature intentionally left blank>
[Feb 7, 2011 5:35:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Geek [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Well, "xxx for Mac" is allowed but not "MacXXX" or "CocoaXXX".

Manfred
[Feb 8, 2011 12:19:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male chasm
Regular

USA

I found "Macwise" and "CocoaColor" in the App Store pretty quickly.
<this signature intentionally left blank>
[Feb 8, 2011 4:20:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Geek [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Well. All I can say is that the name was one of the reason the App got rejected where Apple quoted one of the AppStore guidelines.

Manfred
[Feb 9, 2011 12:11:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male undercover
Regular

Okay, I took another attempt at it, with a totally different idea. Like I said I'm not really a graphics designer, so it's all trial and error for me until something looks good. Without further ado:

http://dagyo.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/grey6.png

It's a lot more readable/recognizable, and I think it's beautiful, but it might be a bit odd for an icon. Let me know!
[Feb 18, 2011 9:30:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 28   Pages: 3   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread