mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 28
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7221 times and has 27 replies Next Thread
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: MacSword rename

Yeah, I like that.
I will create an icon from the image and try it.

Manfred
[Feb 18, 2011 4:27:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

I think this is it.
Which font did you use?

Manfred
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by mdbergmann at Feb 19, 2011 6:07:57 AM]
[Feb 19, 2011 6:04:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male undercover
Regular

It's called "Plantagenet Cherokee" -- I liked how it looked, but if you want I can change it real easily.
[Feb 20, 2011 9:11:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Hi undercover.

Lately my wife said that the icon looks too much like grave and death.
I haven't looked at it that way but actually I think she is right.
It should actually be the opposite: "For he is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto him."

Having said that I think the icon is nice in general. Would it be possible to maybe just change the colors and remove the brik background?

Thanks,
Manfred
[Mar 19, 2011 4:49:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male undercover
Regular

I'll see what I can do.
[Mar 19, 2011 7:43:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male undercover
Regular

http://dagyo.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/grey9.png
http://dagyo.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/grey10.png

Thoughts? I got rid of the text at the bottom (most icons don't have their name on them). Added some glow at the top, kept the rest the same pretty much.

The cross was a point of death, but the gospel also includes the resurrection. We have both on this icon!

Any chance you can give credit to "@theGagne" for the icon in the next release?
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by undercover at Mar 29, 2011 6:03:59 PM]
[Mar 29, 2011 6:03:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male undercover
Regular

Just noticed the second one has a slight problem on the right side -- let me know if you like that one and I'll fix it.
[Mar 29, 2011 6:06:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Grey10 is better. I like the sun glow.
The text is really not needed but the dark section now looks a little lonely.
I'm thinking how it'll look like if the dark section fills the icon instead of the lighter gray. The cross could be places a little more centric with a little larger sun glow.
Btw: the cross is not fully symmetric. I think the left side is longer than the right.

Sure, no problem. I'll add you to the credits.

Manfred
[Apr 2, 2011 3:26:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread