mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1126 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Male JohanMarais
Regular

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Cross References

Hope someone can help me.

I am busy with the markup of The Scriptures for Crosswire and I am testing on Ziphos (Windows version 3.1.4) and iPhone (version 1.3.4).

I have marked Matt. 1:23 as follows:

See, an 'almah'<note type="explanation"> According to the Shem Tov Hebrew text and <reference osisRef="Isa.7.14">Isa. 7:14</reference> "virgin / young woman". See also Explanatory Note <reference osisRef="TS2009EN:Maiden">"Maiden".</reference></note> shall conceive, and she shall give birth to a Son, and they shall call His Name Immanu'ĕl,"<note type="crossReference" n="t" osisID="Mat1.23!
crossReference.t" osisRef="Mat1.23"><reference osisRef="Isa.7.14">Isa. 7:14</reference></note> which translated, means, "Ěl with us."

When tapping on the reference Isa. 7:14 on the iPhone (in the "explanation" part / footnote), the bottom portion of the screen shows spaces and then in italics 'is not installed'. It seems as if something does not display in front of the portion in italics.

Tapping on “Maiden” shows the portion in our ‘Explanatory Notes’, which is correct.

Clicking on the Scripture reference and on Maiden in Xiphos brings up the correct portions.

What am I doing wrong please?

Johan
[Jan 11, 2011 2:57:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia
Re: Cross References

Hi Johan,

It may, in fact, be a bug in PocketSword? Perhaps you could send me the module as it is and I can check it out for you? Unfortunately, PocketSword's support for all types of notes isn't as complete as Xiphos yet. I am adding more support as people point out flaws, rather than starting with a list and adding support for everything on that list.

Sorry about that! My email address is: niccarter {AT} mac {dot} com

Thanks!
Nic... :)
----------------------------------------
PocketSword Developer
http://twitter.com/PocketSword
[Jan 11, 2011 5:10:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male JohanMarais
Regular

Re: Cross References

Thank you Nic, I sent the .txt and .conf files a few minutes ago.

Johan
[Jan 12, 2011 4:57:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread