mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 10
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3874 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
Male r4nd0m1z

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Strongs Numbers in Greek WHNU and TR listed as &ltxxxx>

Just found the PocketSword project and so haven't worked with it very long, but noticed that in the Greek NT modules I've installed (WHNU and TR) the Strongs numbers are listed as &ltxxx>. They are however correct in the LXX, Hebrew (OSMHB), and any other module that displays Strongs numbers.

Also, it seems that in order to display the Strongs Greek or Hebrew definitions, one needs to have the Strongs numbers displayed...is there any way to display the definitions by just tapping on the Greek of Hebrew words without the Strongs numbers displayed? If not, please consider that a feature request for a future release...thanks.
[Jan 3, 2011 1:10:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia
Re: Strongs Numbers in Greek WHNU and TR listed as &ltxxxx>

Hi there,

Thanks for picking that up! I've found the issue (simple typo) and it'll be fixed in v1.3.6 :)

Unfortunately it's not currently possible to display Strong's definitions without displaying the Strong's Numbers at this point. it's something that we may look at in the future, so I'll take note of it for you.

Thanks, ybic
Nic... :)
----------------------------------------
PocketSword Developer
http://twitter.com/PocketSword
[Jan 3, 2011 7:46:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male r4nd0m1z

> it'll be fixed in v1.3.6

Cool, thanks. I was wondering why not 1.3.5, till I saw the 1.3.5 update this am :)

Another Question: I was mucking about today and saw the ABP and ABPGRK. The ABP is supposed to be a Greek-English interlinear...I guess it doesn't display the Greek under the English (or vice-versa) right? That (at least for me) would placate my need for split-screen (as I mentioned in Twitter yesterday). I generally like to read with the English and Greek side by side. Thanks.
[Jan 4, 2011 4:20:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male byard
Stranger

Nic,

Thanks for this fantastic program. I recommend it to everyone I meet. I am especially grateful for the foreign language bibles.

Recently, my KJV strongs numbers disappeared, and I have tried everything to get them back, and can't figure out how to get them again. Any advice.
[Jan 7, 2011 1:59:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male r4nd0m1z

Hi Byard,

I think all the settings got "reset" during the last upgrade (to 1.3.5). That happened to me, too. Just go back into the KJV module preferences and turn "show Strongs numbers" back on. To get to the preferences screen you can now do a three-finger swipe down while in the KJV, or go the old way by tapping the arrow next to KJV in the library and selecting KJV Preferences.
[Jan 7, 2011 7:01:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male JonGl
Regular

I think you can also tap on the KJV button up in the top-right, and in the window that opens, in the bottom-right corner, you should see four letter S M N X. Just tap the S for Strongs, the M for morphology, and the N for notes (and X for cross-references--of which the KJV has none). I think these are in the final version...

-Jon
[Jan 8, 2011 2:31:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male r4nd0m1z

Cool. Thanks Jon. I didn't see those letters earlier. Definitely convenient.
[Jan 8, 2011 12:11:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia

Great to hear that the preferences issue was resolved above. Glad you like the app, byard. :)

Regarding the ABP & ABPGRK modules, they are meant to be used together in a split-screen-like way. Unfortunately PocketSword doesn't support that yet. I'm not even starting to think about interlinear support, but hopefully split-screen will make it in for v1.4.0? :) We'll see how much time I have in January and February before class starts up again for me?
----------------------------------------
PocketSword Developer
http://twitter.com/PocketSword
[Jan 9, 2011 6:15:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male byard
Stranger

In the Biblical Texts selection screen I see: S M H N on the bottom. What do these letters mean? They seem to be "selectable." ?
[Jan 10, 2011 6:38:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male r4nd0m1z

(see Jon's post about three items back). Those are toggles that turn on (and off):
S trongs numbers
M orthology
H eadings
N otes

it's quicker than going into the preferences for each text...
[Jan 10, 2011 7:58:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread