mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4094 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Male pixelmeister
Stranger

Germany
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
German Revised Elberfelder - Strongs Greek-German

Hello everybody,

I have been using the Online Bible from Importnatia Publishing on a Windows PC. I am a happy owner of a new MacBook now and of course one of the real important things in life is working with my bible. I have been looking through some software alternatives and ended up with Mac Sword now.
Mac Sword accomplishes in generall what I would like to have. But I am missing some modules. I have seen, that this seems to be the case for some other users as well, but never the less, maybe someone has a good idea or someone is willing to set up a project:

I really would like to have the revised german elberfelder added to the modules. I know it is a question of license. I think someone has to talk to Brockhaus (I think they are holding the license). Is there any information on this available?

I like to work with the Strongs-Greek dictionary. In my Online Bible there was a german version available. Is there anything like that for the sword project?

Thanks for your help, looking forward to hear from someone...

pixelmeister
[Jan 5, 2009 8:13:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Osk
Developer

Re: German Revised Elberfelder - Strongs Greek-German

Both the Revised Elberfelder and the OLB Lexicons are under copyright. The Revised Elberfelder may be owned by Brockhaus, as you suggest, but the placement of Strong's numbers in it is independently owned, probably by Importantia. The German OLB Lexicons are also probably owned by Importantia.

I don't think Importantia has any interest in releasing modules for Sword, but they would be the ones to approach.
[Jan 6, 2009 4:38:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male pixelmeister
Stranger

Germany
Re: German Revised Elberfelder - Strongs Greek-German

Both the Revised Elberfelder and the OLB Lexicons are under copyright. The Revised Elberfelder may be owned by Brockhaus, as you suggest, but the placement of Strong's numbers in it is independently owned, probably by Importantia. The German OLB Lexicons are also probably owned by Importantia.

I don't think Importantia has any interest in releasing modules for Sword, but they would be the ones to approach.

If I payed for the use of both (RELB and OLB Lexicons), am I allowed to use it freely as I intend (meaning copy the content and translate it into Mac Sword)? Of course I will not distribute, but use it for my own purposes.

I am thinking of it and so I opened this thread: http://www.crosswire.org/forums/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=572

Best regards

-pixelmeister
[Jan 6, 2009 9:38:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread