mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3632 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Male hoshi411
Regular

Japan
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Recent Macsword bug 1.2-1.4

mac os 10.4.11 powerbook 1.5ghz G4 1gb ram
Safari (newest version) and newest security updates etc.

Recently I can not get macsword 1.2 - 1.4 to work properly

when I go to display strongs links or verses line by line in any module, the page will lose all of its CSS color and become unusable. I type matthew 4 etc into the appropriate window and nothing happens. using the drop down menu does nothing.

Also selecting the ESV to display subject headings does nothing.

Macsword often crashes when I select lots of those malfunctioning options such as "verses line by line" "strongs links" "morphological tags"

this only happened recently and I can not imagine why. It may have something to do with the newest Safari update changing something in the webkit or how html is displayed or something thus somehow affecting macsowrd.

I deleted all preferences many times and deleted all the modules etc. but to no avail. I still have the same problem.

I sent an email recently to the developer with an image of the problem I am having but have not gotten any reply.

I also imagined that mac 10.4.11 or the latest security updates had something to do with it but have no clue.

I am really hoping to be able to display verses line by line again and look up strong links in the Greek modules. It is a really annoying problem

thanks

-josh
[May 2, 2008 5:43:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male Jspr
Stranger

United States
Re: Recent Macsword bug 1.2-1.4

Same issues here. Thought the webkit might have something to do with it: using the version with the latest safari, same os as you, intel and all versions of macsword do not work.
the macbook has no issues and is running safari 3.0.4 and macsword 1.3.3
did pref repair.
[May 8, 2008 5:27:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    abbie.gonzalez    jesuspower1 [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male hoshi411
Regular

Japan

AHH thank you so much for replying to this thread.
I thought I was going crazy and it was only my computer–for a moment.

I am totally convinced that it has something to do with webkit or at least the newest version of Safari.

Looks like the only hope for a fix is an update of Macsword that works with Leopard/Safari 3.1+
[May 10, 2008 6:25:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male hoshi411
Regular

Japan

It is great that the CSS is fixed for most of the options in the options menu but...

The "Headings" menu in the options menu is still not working.

The ESV usually displays great headings throughout the Bible but they are simply blank.
Anyone else with the same problem?
[Jun 11, 2008 5:50:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Hi.

The update to Safari version 3.1.1 brought an incompatibility with the HTML/CSS rendering in MacSword up to version 1.3.4.
The internal URL schema has been changed in MacSword 1.3.5 so that it should work again with Safari 3.1.1.

Regards,
Manfred
[Jun 12, 2008 8:55:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread