mvnForum Homepage

Print at Dec 18, 2014 11:27:19 AM View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by Bo at Dec 5, 2010 8:19:05 PM
biggrin   e-Bible markings
Good day Nic,

I am very blessed just on finding this work of yours. It really helped me since this program holds lots of information regarding the Bible (translations, books, commentaries, dictionaries).

My question is: Is it part of your plan to incorporate in this software a Bible marking guide? For example: the topic is about God and you can add up to that topic verses that talks about God. I think it will help everyone on giving a Bible study and will use it as a guide in doing so.
And that verse is linked to its text.

Hoping for your favorable response. biggrin

Bo

Posted by niccarter at Dec 6, 2010 4:54:23 PM
Re: e-Bible markings
Good morning Bo :)

Thanks for your message and question. I am hoping to add the ability to do more extensive bookmarks and highlighting in the near future - so you could create a folder full of bookmarks about a topic, for example. You could then also have all the verses on that topic highlight in a certain colour. :)

If you are looking at creating your own content, I would suggest you take a look at Xiphos. It is a front-end that CrossWire has for "normal" computers and you can create your own content with it. You can then import that content into PocketSword using the Module Maintainer Mode functionality.

I hope that helps? Let me know if I haven't properly answered your question.

Thanks, ybic
nic... :)
----------------------------------------
PocketSword Developer
http://twitter.com/PocketSword

Posted by Bo at Dec 6, 2010 6:04:20 PM
Good day nic,

Thanks for your reply and advice. Really appreciate it. I've tried assembling a commentary to fit into Pocketsword using Xiphos study pad. Actually I'm on the part of testing it first.

I'm looking forward for that functionality to be incorporated in Pocketsword.

God bless you.

Thanks,
Bo

Posted by Bo at Mar 6, 2011 6:58:45 PM
Good day Nic,

Thank God for giving you wisdom! Thanks for the newly released version of Pocketsword. The question and request in this thread of mine is answered. This will surely help me a lot in my own personal study. Once I've come across again some concerns that I encountered in using this program, I'll let you know asap. Maybe that will be my part in improving this program.

Anyways, maybe the splash screen be changed? :-)

God bless you more and more and more.

Thanks,

Bo

Posted by niccarter at Mar 7, 2011 3:39:08 AM
Hi Bo,

Glad to hear it's working well :)

Let me know if you encounter more difficulties :)
There are some minor tweaks I plan to do with the splash screen, but if I spend time redoing it completely, that's time taken away from working on other things... I prefer to spend time on new functionality. ;)

Thanks heaps! ybic
PocketSword Developer

Posted by Bo at Mar 7, 2011 5:52:33 PM
Good day Nic,

I tried using the new feature bookmarks (folder) and highlighting.

Suggestions:
1. additional colors be added to the list
2. can highlighting be not applied if i don't access the bookmarks? I noticed that highlighting is always enabled. In this case if i don't access the bookmark, then no highlighting of the verse be done or applied.
3. I also noticed this in a highlighted verse: I applied a color to a certain folder. And then I also, I used a different color in a certain folder. In those two folders, same verse is included. folder 1: green. folder 2: yellow. in this scenario, yellow has always been the color from then on. is there a way in which that specific color be applied only if the verse is selected in the bookmark?

I hope this is not too much nic. :-)

Good day and God bless you!

Bo

Posted by niccarter at Mar 8, 2011 3:48:25 AM
Hi Bo :)

1) the aim is to eventually turn that into a proper colour picker so you can pick your own custom colour. I ran out of time in the end and implemented a short list. Hopefully I'll improve on that soon.
2) You can set a bookmark folder to have no highlight colour. Otherwise, if you set a colour, it will always highlight all the bookmarks in that folder. This is how it's intended to work, so I hope you can live with that? :)
3) If a verse is bookmarked in 2 folders, the colour that is applied to that verse will be the 2nd folder in the list, with the order determined by traversing the folders from top to bottom. So if you want a verse to be highlighted according to a certain folder, reorder the folders so that folder is at the bottom of the list. Otherwise, there's nothing I can do -- there has to be an arbitrary formula for how verses are highlighted if they're in more than one folder.

I hope that helps? :)

Thanks, ybic
PocketSword Developer

Posted by Bo at Mar 20, 2011 9:28:44 PM
Good day Nic,

It will surely help me. I'll be looking forward for the coming features of Pocketsword.

I now have the list of bible verses. Thanks for the upgraded bookmarking capability.

Thanks,

Bo