mvnForum Homepage

Print at Nov 28, 2014 7:50:26 AM View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by Aliby at Nov 14, 2010 9:42:43 PM
e-Readers : Kindle3
Welcome to this thread, dedicated to the conversion of Sword Modules into a format suitable for use on e-readers with a primary focus on the Kindle3.

Collaboration on methods, tools, pre and post formatting will develop a basis which can be improved upon as software and functionality of e-readers develop.

Compilations should include the software used, sources etc so that the method can be replicated and documented.

Posted by Osk at Nov 14, 2010 10:01:44 PM
Re: e-Readers : Kindle3
We do not support any extraction or use of Sword content except via the Sword API itself (and JSword).

Posted by Aliby at Nov 18, 2010 10:38:23 PM
I am under the impression that the OSNOVA bibles are generated from OSIS formats rooted from our modules here?

Posted by Osk at Nov 24, 2010 3:27:17 AM
I'm under the same impression, but only our KJV is actually made available as OSIS for such purposes. I get the impression that he has extracted other of our content and is selling that work at $5 per title (without any kind of permission from. notice to, or credit to CrossWire).

I am planning to make some of our Bibles and other titles available via a number of popular e-book stores in order to undercut this kind of activity, but I may elect not to do so under the banner of CrossWire, and I may limit myself to those titles that I myself formatted.