mvnForum Homepage

Print at Jul 12, 2014 3:55:30 AM View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by troypulk at Sep 27, 2010 8:08:57 PM
Need help with OSIS Again
I'm trying to put titles in the sections of scripture where the words of Jesus are red, for example in Matt 5:12-17

But the placement of the title is causing it to either be red or black, like this:
12 Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
Believers Are Salt and Light
13 "You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt becomes tasteless, with what shall it be salted? It is then good for nothing but to be cast out and to be trampled underfoot by men. 
14 You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. 
15 Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it shines on everything in the house. 
16 Thus let your light shine before men, so that they may see your good works, and they may glorify your Father who is in heaven.
The Law and the Prophets
"Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to abolish, but to fulfill.

As you can see "Believers Are Salt and Light" is on the right side of the number but it's red and "The Law and the Prophets" is on the wrong side of the number but it's black like its suppose to be.

I've studied the OSIS 2.1.1 manual for guidance to no avail.

This bible was a vpl2mod then a mod2osis with no extra mark ups, it was just plain with nothing as a OSIS and I'm adding all the proper mark ups.

What do you recommend?

Thanks

Posted by troypulk at Oct 5, 2010 9:39:06 PM
Re: Need help with OSIS Again (SOLVED)
Actually, there is no problem as I can tell.

I just needed to know the rules for titles and such, which I found in the osis2mod.cpp file.

// Pre-verse material follows the following rules
// 1) Between the opening of a book and the first chapter, all the material is handled as an introduction to the book.
// 2) Between the opening of a chapter and the first verse, the material is split between the introduction of the chapter and the first verse of the chapter.
// A <div> with a type of section will be taken as surrounding verses.
// A <title> of type other than main, chapter or sub, will be taken as a title for the verse.
// Once one of these conditions is met, the division between chapter introduction and pre-verse is set.
// 3) Between verses, the material is split between the prior verse and the next verse.
// Basically, while end and empty tags are found, they belong to the prior verse.
// Once a begin tag is found, it belongs to the next verse.