mvnForum Homepage

Print at Nov 22, 2014 2:09:00 AM View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by DaveB at Sep 4, 2010 11:05:09 PM
Parallel columns
Is it possible to have the Bible, Commentary, Cross references displayed in parallel vertical columns rather than in horizontally separated windows. My eyes can scan the vertical columns more easily.

I just installed MacSword a couple of hours ago and am busy sorting it out. It seems good although I would like some more modern translations even if I have to buy them.

Posted by mdbergmann at Sep 5, 2010 1:01:24 AM
Re: Parallel columns
Hello Dave.

No, unfortunately at this point you can only have parallel bibles. Mainly to be able to compare the content with verse scroll synching.
Commentaries can be stacked below the bibles and get verse synchronized as well.
But all other content, like dictionaries and such has to be put either into a new window or tab.

We are working on more content and modern bibles but publishers are sometimes a little restricted and negotiations for permissions are difficult.

Manfred

Posted by DaveB at Sep 6, 2010 5:18:01 AM
G'day Manfred,

Thanks for your quick response. I'll look forward to future updates.

Cheers - Dave

Posted by masoret at Sep 16, 2010 12:42:00 AM
How should I have in parallel columns the search result for a strong number?
For example I am searching g3784 in Greek NT but I want to see the results in a paralel version who has no strong numbers. I tried to add paralel book bible but it seems that the MacSword displays only the verses for the NT in Greek (Alkitab has this option, and for me it is is very useful).

Posted by mdbergmann at Sep 20, 2010 2:59:59 PM
That's not possible at the moment.
If you have parallel bibles and switch to indexed search mode all parallel bibles will be search and for all that do not return search results they will display empty.

Manfred