mvnForum Homepage

Print at Sep 18, 2014 12:47:04 AM View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by dleehend at Mar 26, 2004 6:56:32 AM
KDE3.2/Bibletime Problems
Does anyone know when the current problems between Bibletime and KDE 3.2 will be corrected?
I had been using Bibletime on a daily basis, and want to continue using it, but if it is not going to be fixed soon I need to find a new program.
KDE 3.2 has been out for some time now and I would think a fix for this problem would be a priority.
Thanks

Posted by jansorg at Mar 28, 2004 3:59:51 AM
Re: KDE3.2/Bibletime Problems
There is no problem with BibleTime and KDE 3.2.

I have answered this question many times before, even in this forum. Some symbol changed in KDE 3.2 and BT needs to be recompiled to get it working again.

We also provide a KDE 3.2 package for SuSE 9.0.


Joachim

Posted by dleehend at Mar 28, 2004 7:39:33 AM
Re: KDE3.2/Bibletime Problems
A Suse package does not do me much good since I am running Debian. :-)

Does someone with BibleTime submit packages to Debian? What is the best way to contact the person(s) who handle the Debian package so they can do this recompile?

I thought BibleTime was kept up to date with KDE by the BibleTime team since it is a KDE program.

Posted by joshuafelix at Mar 29, 2004 5:51:55 PM
Re: KDE3.2/Bibletime Problems
There is no problem with BibleTime and KDE 3.2.
I have answered this question many times before, even in this forum. Some symbol changed in KDE 3.2 and BT needs to be recompiled to get it working again.
We also provide a KDE 3.2 package for SuSE 9.0.
Joachim


1. Where could I find the KDE 3.2 package for SuSE 9.0?
2. How is the BT to be recompiled? I am a novice to linux and I would appreciate some help.
Thanks

Joshua Felix

Posted by dhcolesj at Apr 6, 2004 10:01:19 PM
Re: KDE3.2/Bibletime Problems
All of those instructions would be in the dowload files themselves. Basically if you follow the links on the main page you'll find the rpm's and the source files. Extract the source file into a temp directory and read the included README's.
After you download and install Sword (assuming you have done that already), to compile BT you basically do the following:
(I find I am more sucessfull with this stuff if I do things in this order)
change into temp directory where BT source was extracted.
sux -
./configure --prefix-/<location of KDE3 homedir> (example on SUSE 9 would be ./configure --prefix-/opt/kde3)
make
make install
then optionally test by typing:
bibletime
PS doing a ./configure --help will show you the syntax for the --prefix option as well as other helpful hints.
Howard

Posted by dalebird at Apr 20, 2004 7:34:31 PM
angry   Re: KDE3.2/Bibletime Problems
crying You may have answered it many times but that is no use to us if you do not tell us were to find that answer. Several posts down it tells us to check the README files, there are NONE in the bibletime-i18 n1.4.1,tar,bz2 that I down loaded. The ./configure --prefix+/usr runs and gives an error of X includes missing or $PATH need to be corrected. But what does that mean and how do I fix it?

Your program is borken in Mandrake 10 with KDE 3.2. How about some real help to get it fixed. PLEASE.

Dale

Posted by jansorg at Apr 22, 2004 2:24:33 PM
Re: KDE3.2/Bibletime Problems
BibleTime is included in Mandrake 10.0 in the contrib section, as our Mandrake packager told me some hours ago.
If you use the download edition you can get BibleTime packages at ftp://ftp.sunet.se/pub/Linux/distributions/ma...fficial/10.0/contrib/i586.
I hope that helped.

(The X error raised by configure can be solved by installing the x11-devel, qt3-devel and kde3-devel packages).

The BT and Sword package are:

sword-1.5.7-1mdk.i586.rpm

bibletime-1.4.1-1mdk.i586.rpm

bibletime-i18n-bg-1.4.1-2mdk.i586.rpm
bibletime-i18n-cs-1.4.1-2mdk.i586.rpm
bibletime-i18n-de-1.4.1-2mdk.i586.rpm
bibletime-i18n-en_GB-1.4.1-2mdk.i586.rpm
bibletime-i18n-es-1.4.1-2mdk.i586.rpm
bibletime-i18n-fr-1.4.1-2mdk.i586.rpm
bibletime-i18n-it-1.4.1-2mdk.i586.rpm
bibletime-i18n-ko-1.4.1-2mdk.i586.rpm
bibletime-i18n-nl-1.4.1-2mdk.i586.rpm
bibletime-i18n-pl-1.4.1-2mdk.i586.rpm
bibletime-i18n-pt_br-1.4.1-2mdk.i586.rpm
bibletime-i18n-ro-1.4.1-2mdk.i586.rpm
bibletime-i18n-ru-1.4.1-2mdk.i586.rpm
bibletime-i18n-sk-1.4.1-2mdk.i586.rpm
bibletime-i18n-ua-1.4.1-2mdk.i586.rpm

Posted by dalebird at Apr 30, 2004 1:57:34 PM
Re: KDE3.2/Bibletime Problems
Thanks for the help I finally got everything downloaded and working.

Dalesmile