mvnForum Homepage

Print at Nov 26, 2014 6:51:30 AM
View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by GCRaya at Oct 27, 2009 10:49:54 PM
KJV Search Problems
For some reason. I am getting no results for any word search in the KJV Bible. Every word is returning 0 results. I am running Snow Leopard on a new MacBook Pro. Please help. I really liked the older version but now the search is not working and it is the most valuable part of the program to me.

Posted by mdbergmann at Oct 29, 2009 4:21:27 AM
Re: KJV Search Problems
Which version of MacSword are you using?

Do you switch to indexed search mode before searching for words and phrases?

Do you use background indexing?

Regards,
Manfred

Posted by GCRaya at Oct 29, 2009 7:14:10 AM
I am using 2.0.2-271 I am using background indexing. And I do switch to the search mode. It works for Morning and Evening by Spurgeon, but not the KJV.

Posted by GCRaya at Oct 29, 2009 7:23:48 AM
It seems to be working now. I followed your advice on another post and removed the index so it would recreate it, and it worked. Thanks.

Posted by iRemember at Apr 27, 2010 8:54:15 AM
I, too, was a frequent user of the older version (the one with the blue icon) and I too, am having difficulty searching.

I could not find the thread to which you were referring where you were instructed to delete an index. Could you (or someone) show me how to do this?

Thanks smile

Posted by mdbergmann at Apr 27, 2010 1:47:33 PM
What exactly is the problem?
I don't know the thread either but our wiki lists the relevant information:
http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/Frontends:MacSword#MacSword_files_and_folders

Manfred

Posted by iRemember at Apr 29, 2010 10:45:47 AM
I'm using 2.2.1-1201 in 10.6.3. I have four modules installed.
At the top of the window where the search used to be, I can type in a word, any word, hit 'return' and just below the "Mod Options Display Options Font Size Text Context bar, to the right I see "Found 0 verses".

After reading a few threads, it seems like addressing indexing might help, but it's not clear to me how to go about this.

Thx

Posted by iRemember at Apr 29, 2010 10:49:23 AM
Sorry. Perhaps more clarity. I followed Wiki to find three folders: InstallMgr, mods.d, and modules. I fear I may delete something I should not. Which of these, or which file(s) within which of these folders should I delete in order to clear the index?

Posted by iRemember at Apr 29, 2010 11:11:24 AM
Ah... I was in the wrong folder. It's not the Sword folder, it's the MacSword folder.

Thanks.

Posted by iRemember at Apr 29, 2010 11:21:12 AM
Well, maybe that wasn't the answer. I emptied the folders in the home>Library>Application Support> MacSword folder, including the plists, and I still get no results when trying to search.