mvnForum Homepage

Print at Jul 25, 2014 1:45:41 PM View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by seekermeister at Oct 15, 2009 7:26:14 AM
Forum Membership
I just received an email with the activation code for a membership in this forum. This was a surprise, since I didn't even know that the forum existed, and I hadn't visited Crosswire in more than a month ago. This has me wondering if the email was sent automatically, or if someone had used my username? The latter seems very unlikely, since it also accepted my password. I know that my memory is not what it once was, but I don't think that I'm that far gone.

Posted by Osk at Oct 15, 2009 2:27:32 PM
Re: Forum Membership
We're in the process of deleting old & inactive accounts and are encouraging those who have signed up for forum accounts to verify their accounts, since unverified members are not able to post and will soon have their accounts deleted.

The email was sent out to anyone who has an unverified account on the forums. So you must have signed up at some point. (According to your profile page, it was way back on Jul 21, 2008.)

Posted by iGreg at Oct 19, 2009 8:32:04 PM
hmm. I had an account I created long ago. It did not recognize it so just created a new account with same account name.

BTW I did not get any emails about updating.

Posted by mdbergmann at Oct 20, 2009 1:56:34 AM
Perhaps it got deleted after the activation period was over.

Manfred