mvnForum Homepage

Print at Jul 30, 2014 6:13:35 AM View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by col at Sep 24, 2009 12:19:11 PM
ESV error in verse numbers
I have found a place where the verse numbers in my Xiphos do not seem to occur where they should, when using the ESV. I know it is a minor issue, but I am not sure whether this is the correct place to report it, or whether I should be reporting it somewhere else...
The error is in Acts 13:38, 39.
The error is in the verse numbers for the ESV (I have ESV version 1.0, but no updates are showing in the module manager). I am using Xiphos 3.1.1.

Posted by ransom1982 at Sep 24, 2009 12:40:50 PM
Re: ESV error in verse numbers
Are you comparing to a printed Bible? This looks correct to me. There is a newer version of the ESV printed Bible that might be slightly different. Is your printed Bible very new?

Posted by ransom1982 at Sep 24, 2009 12:43:25 PM
Indeed, the issue is because you are comparing to the new ESV version, rather than the original on which our module is based. This isn't really an error; 2 printed Bibles would have the same discrepancy between versions.

To see the new ESV version, see http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/search/?q=Acts+13

Posted by col at Sep 25, 2009 3:48:25 PM
It seems I should have actually included the quote to show the discrepancy - sorry about that.
In Xiphos for ESV Acts 13:
"38 Let it be known to you therefore, brothers, that through this man forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you, and by him everyone who believes is freed from everything
39 from which you could not be freed by the law of Moses."

Using the reference provided (http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/search/?q=Acts+13):
"38 Let it be known to you therefore, brothers, that through this man forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you, 39 and by him everyone who believes is freed [3] from everything from which you could not be freed by the law of Moses."

Look I know it is a minor point. I just wanted to mention it.