mvnForum Homepage

Print at Aug 19, 2014 11:57:33 PM View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by bevans at Jun 10, 2009 6:23:31 AM
confused   For the absolute Layman
I am fairly new to MAC and brand new to MACSWORD. I need some step by step instructions for downloading this software. I have spent hours and hours trying to get it to work. I have OS version X 10.5.7, I have downloaded elequant, the latest 4.1 version and I am just trying to get the KJV version with strongs number to load. Are there steps such as Step 1 do this, next Step 2 do this. I'm going crazy trying to get this to work. I am not software literate and the last step I have tried to do is get a module to load on to elequant. Can someone please help.

Posted by mdbergmann at Jun 10, 2009 7:07:33 AM
Re: For the absolute Layman
Hi there.

The install procedure for MacSword is pretty much the same as for most other Mac applications.
Download the application here:
http://www.macsword.com/macsword2/download/MacSword-2.0.0b1-216.app.zip

Then, if you've unzipped it and copied it to a location on your harddisk where you want to keep it you already have installed the application.

However the application itself doesn't contain any text modules.
To install text modules i.e. KJV:
- start the application by double clicking it
- open the module installer in the main menu above the "Preferences..." menu item
- in the window that opens, confirm the disclaimer
- then select the "CrossWire" install source on the left side and click "Refresh install source" in the toolbar
- select again and you should see a list of available modules on the right side.
- click on the name column to sort the list and look for the "KJV" module
- then set the task to "install" in the "task" column by clicking into the row. Make sure the task has really changed to "install".
- after that click "Process tasks" in the toolbar and your module gets downloaded and installed.
- you can close the module installer now and use the module.

Regards,
Manfred

Posted by bevans at Jun 10, 2009 1:01:35 PM
biggrin   Re: For the absolute Layman
Thanks, that was very helpful. The application version you linked me to was a 2.0 and created a yellow icon vs. the 1.4 blue icon??? It may help others to have those specific instructions on the Home Page for the slightly inept such as myself.

I have previously been accustom to E-sword in PC version, but not compatible with MAC. Is there another application that would help you navigate similarly? for ex. You can click on a tab say "new testament" and it would list all of the books in the new testament. I only seem to be able to perform searches on specific words. A slightly more advanced GUI interface perhaps. (maybe it's on the home page and I just don't know where it is). Thanks again for your help. May the Lord bless you and yours.

Posted by bevans at Jun 10, 2009 1:44:29 PM
smile   Re: For the absolute Layman
Me again, guess I have to try all of the buttons before I post a blog!!! This is a very good program and rivals that of E-sword. The fact that it's free is a bonus. (I like to call it a Jesus coupon)

I Corinthians 2:12: Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

My first cut and paste from this software.

Thanks again...

Posted by mdbergmann at Jun 10, 2009 2:10:08 PM
Re: For the absolute Layman
I'm happy you got it working and the software is of use to you.

God bless,
Manfred