mvnForum Homepage

Print at Oct 23, 2014 12:21:49 PM View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by chrisliv at May 9, 2009 4:28:30 PM
Hello! How Do I Get A Cross-Reference In MacSword?
Yes,

I'm curious about loading a CrossReference module.

I've placed the Thompson's module in the right directory (even though I don't like the Dispensational emphasis), but the "Cross-References" in the Option pull-down menus is still grayed-out.

I'm now tinkering with MacSword, as I'll be migrating to an Intel Mac, from a G4 Mac mini.

So far, I'm finding the KJV and search capabilities to be fine. And the Strongs Greek/Hebrew numbers and lexicon seem to be adequate.

But it seems I'm just not yet accessing the "Cross-Referencing" capability, somehow.

Helpful feedback will be appreciated.

Peace to you all,
C. Livingstone

Posted by mdbergmann at May 10, 2009 2:55:18 AM
Re: Hello! How Do I Get A Cross-Reference In MacSword?
Hi Chris.

The KJV module does not have cross references included.
Cross references are per module and if they are in the module depends on if the text source included them where we created the module from.

The ESV includes cross references. Also there is a commentary module called "TSK" which comes close to a "cross reference" module.

Regards,
Manfred

Posted by chrisliv at May 10, 2009 10:32:37 AM
Re: Hello! How Do I Get A Cross-Reference In MacSword?
OK,

Thanks, Manfred.

That's the helpful information I wanted to know.

So, I'll throw Thompson's out and install those other two items to use as a cross-reference.

Of course, I'll continue to primarily rely on the KJV, only because it has primacy in my memory and is keyed to the exhaustive Strong's Concordance. I'm guessing that that is the case for many people who want to look-up a lot of verses, sometimes.

Peace to you all,
Christian