mvnForum Homepage

Print at Mar 31, 2015 3:07:46 PM View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by wulfgang at Mar 25, 2009 8:32:50 AM
ISBE
Hello!

I have the ISBE module installed. It's a Bible dictionary. How can I make it interact with my other Bible modules? Is there a way to click on a word in the Bible and then the explanation in the dictionary appears? I am using BibleTime 1.6.5.1

Thanks for any hints!

Posted by dmsmith at Mar 29, 2009 6:04:27 PM
Re: ISBE
Most of the SWORD applications allow you to right click (or otherwise) select a word and look it up in a dictionary.

Some will look up on your "preferred" dictionary. Some in all installed dictionary.

You didn't mention which SWORD program you were using (BibleTime, Bible Desktop, Xiphos, The SWORD Project for Windows, MacSword, ....). If you are referring to a specific one please let us know.

Posted by wulfgang at Mar 30, 2009 11:36:54 AM
I am using BibleTime, as mentioned above. In the settings, I can pick a default encyclopaedia (ISBE) and a default Strong's dictionary. ISBE doesn't even show up as option for that. When I click on a word in the Bible, I can see some explanation from my default Strong's dictionary, but not from ISBE.

Posted by wulfgang at Jul 9, 2009 3:16:14 PM
Nobody has a clue?

Posted by Osk at Jul 16, 2009 3:43:46 AM
ISBE isn't keyed to Strong's numbers, so it doesn't work as a Strong's keyed dictionary.

Posted by wulfgang at Aug 17, 2009 4:54:22 AM
yeah, but when I select one word in the Bible, it should be possible to submit the selected string as a parameter to the Bible dictionary so that it looks up this word in the dictionary, or not? It doesn't need Strong's numbers for that. However, it seems that this is currently not possible, at least not with BibleTime (using 2.1 now).