mvnForum Homepage

Print at Aug 29, 2014 11:18:52 PM
Posts: 116   Pages: 12   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by Batt4Christ at Mar 25, 2009 10:30:53 PM
Re: MacSword 2 beta announcement
Which modules will work with this beta? Can the modules for eSword be used with the beta?

Posted by Batt4Christ at Mar 25, 2009 11:09:38 PM
OK - got to the bottom of things... Have modules installed... BUT.

EVERY time a module (or modules if more than one) is installed, MacSword crashes.

Upon relaunch, the added modules appear. Got to the module manager - install another module - as soon as it is done - crash.

Panther 10.5.6
PowerMacintosh G5 Dual 1.8ghz
5GB ram

Posted by mdbergmann at Mar 26, 2009 1:30:40 AM
Which modules will work with this beta? Can the modules for eSword be used with the beta?

No, none of the eSword modules can be used with any of our Applications.

Manfred

Posted by mdbergmann at Mar 26, 2009 1:31:23 AM

EVERY time a module (or modules if more than one) is installed, MacSword crashes.

Upon relaunch, the added modules appear. Got to the module manager - install another module - as soon as it is done - crash.

Hmm, thanks for the report.
I'll check it right away. This shouldn't be.

Manfred

Posted by mdbergmann at Mar 27, 2009 12:53:02 AM
I've released a bug fix version for the module installer crash.
Also I've changed the updater URL to www.macsword.com since we still have problems with macsword.com.

That means that hopefully, when you downloaded this release manually the updater should be working after that.

http://www.macsword.com/macsword2/download/MacSword-1.9.2_174.app.zip

Regards,
Manfred

Posted by mac_david at Mar 27, 2009 12:18:26 PM
Hallo Manfred and Team,

during the work with MS_2 beta I found these 2 ideas useful - what do you think?

1) I really wish the shortbut back from version 1 to change chapters and books
(it was something like Apple-Key + left, right (chapters), up and down (books))

2) perhabs there is already a option to disable it!?! But now every line starts with the
book name and the Chapter:Verse, which is not that profitable when one will copy
not only one verse into a document, you know?

blessings,
david

Posted by christo2009 at Mar 31, 2009 11:24:07 PM
Hi,

I tried to install MacSword-1.9.2_174 but it seems i can't run it. In the console it says:
Symbol not found: _NSImageNameLockUnlockedTemplate
Referenced from: /Applications/MacSword.app/Contents/MacOS/MacSword
Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Versions/C/AppKit

Any help will be appreciate.Thanks.

Nb: I'm using powerbook G4 and OS X Tiger 10.4.11

EDITED:
Sorry, just ignored my post above. My bad, I don't read the first page carefully, it's not designed for tiger........
Thanks anyway for this great application......

Posted by mdbergmann at Apr 1, 2009 3:44:15 AM
Sorry for that.
You don't plan upgrading?
Snow Leopard is just around the corner already.

There should be a requester window poping up actually when running this on Tiger. Hmm, seems to be a bug.

Regards,
Manfred

Posted by Simon at Apr 2, 2009 3:06:13 AM
Copying to word processors.

...any possibility to implement a function that will copy and paste a marked verse(s) into an open openoffice writer document?...

Definitely. :)
Then we can do this also the TextEdit, MS Word and which else text processors are out there.

Then don't forget Pages, Apple's own word processor, a part of the iWork package.

And again: Thankyou so much for a great work!
Simon

Posted by mdbergmann at Apr 2, 2009 3:33:19 AM
Re: Copying to word processors.

...any possibility to implement a function that will copy and paste a marked verse(s) into an open openoffice writer document?...

Definitely. :)
Then we can do this also the TextEdit, MS Word and which else text processors are out there.

Then don't forget Pages, Apple's own word processor, a part of the iWork package.

I actually need to apologize my reply wasn't actually meant like this.

To be honest I don't really see a benefit when you still can use copy&paste to get the text into other applications.
Implementing such a feature means a lot of work since many word processing applications use a different interface for pasting text (if it is possible at all).
Especially for OpenOffice you would need to use the UNO bridge to access pasting text (this is something like AppleScript for Mac apps) and this is quite hard to achieve from an Objective-C applicatiion. It would probably be easier for NeoOffice and application which have an AppleScript interface like Pages.

Regards,
Manfred

Posts: 116   Pages: 12   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]