mvnForum Homepage

Print at Sep 18, 2014 10:53:13 AM
Posts: 116   Pages: 12   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by mdbergmann at Mar 10, 2009 8:35:42 AM
Re: MacSword 2 beta announcement
Ok, I see the HUD and can get there with the shortcut keys stokes, is there any way to get the link to display the verse/cross-ref as in the previous version?

You mean instead of the *_x the list of x-refs?
Yes, we can do that, I don't like the *_x very much either. But they would still be displayed in the HUD instead of the tooltop.

Btw: you have a very good web page.
God bless your efforts.

Manfred

Posted by Dale at Mar 10, 2009 9:58:25 AM
I don't mind using the HUD shortcuts, it's just a matter of getting use too, however I do like all the new features. I appreciate all your efforts as well, this is going to be a great help in the field.

Thanks for the complement on the website, God is Good.

Dale
----------------------------------------
“The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest." Luke 10:2

Posted by Simon at Mar 14, 2009 6:37:05 AM
Hello again!
Thankyou for providing the new version of MacSword. I have tried it for a few days now, and these are some thoughts about it:

About the module manager: When I'm looking for new modules, what I primarily want to know is what language the module is in. It's short name or it's version is less important. If I'm looking for greek modules with the current Module manager, I need to know the shortcut for a greek module. I would like the module manager to sort the modules by language.

When a verse number in a hebrew text appears att the end of a line, it appears at the wrong end of the line (to the left, when it should be to the right). When the verse number is somewhere in a line, it appears where it should be.

I miss some features from version 1.4.3, for example the headings, the italics, the small verse numbers and to be able to change the text size and font. But you said that more features were to be added in the future. Perhaps we will not have to live without those for long.

I like the sidebars with modules and bookmarks on one side and Bible books and chapters on the other. However, I think MacSword should also have the arrow buttons in the toolbar and the shortcuts to jump to next or previous chapter.

I also like the preview window.

That was my feedback for now. Hope it helps.
God bless you and your work.
And again: thank you!

Simon

Posted by mdbergmann at Mar 14, 2009 4:52:36 PM
Thanks for your feedback, Simon.

About the module manager: When I'm looking for new modules, what I primarily want to know is what language the module is in. It's short name or it's version is less important. If I'm looking for greek modules with the current Module manager, I need to know the shortcut for a greek module. I would like the module manager to sort the modules by language.

Yeah. Indeed, this is missing.
I wasn't sure if this is really needed but I understand a need for this.

When a verse number in a hebrew text appears att the end of a line, it appears at the wrong end of the line (to the left, when it should be to the right). When the verse number is somewhere in a line, it appears where it should be.

On which module did you try this?

I miss some features from version 1.4.3, for example the headings, the italics, the small verse numbers and to be able to change the text size and font. But you said that more features were to be added in the future. Perhaps we will not have to live without those for long.

Yes, this all will come sooner or later.

I like the sidebars with modules and bookmarks on one side and Bible books and chapters on the other. However, I think MacSword should also have the arrow buttons in the toolbar and the shortcuts to jump to next or previous chapter.

Once you clicked on the right side bar, you can navigate through the chapters with the cursor keys but up/down buttons will come.

Manfred

Posted by Simon at Mar 16, 2009 1:53:12 PM

I have tried it on the WLC and the Aleppo codex, both provided by the SWORD homepage.
The verse numbers on the wrong side of the text appears when the verse is the first of a part of the text (for exampel verses 1, 6, 9 and 14 of the first chapter of Genesis). Other than that, the verse numbers appear with the beginning of the verse in the text.
The hebrew verse numbers in the Aleppo are always shown in the proper place, but personally I prefer the arabic numbers.

I have also found that I miss to be able to print the text, but perhaps that also is coming with further versions.

On the other hand, I can hardly think of an easier way to read parallell Bible versions. Great job with that!

God's peace!
Simon

Posted by mdbergmann at Mar 16, 2009 2:52:15 PM

I have tried it on the WLC and the Aleppo codex, both provided by the SWORD homepage.
The verse numbers on the wrong side of the text appears when the verse is the first of a part of the text (for exampel verses 1, 6, 9 and 14 of the first chapter of Genesis). Other than that, the verse numbers appear with the beginning of the verse in the text.
The hebrew verse numbers in the Aleppo are always shown in the proper place, but personally I prefer the arabic numbers.

I will try that.

I have also found that I miss to be able to print the text, but perhaps that also is coming with further versions.

Yes, definitely.
For now you need to vopy the text into TextEdit or such.

God bless,
Manfred

Posted by mdbergmann at Mar 16, 2009 2:55:22 PM
Another new beta update (1.9.1 build 169):

The following things are fixed/changed:

- added intermediate progress indicator overlay view for when pulling out text takes longer
- some fixes to indexed search for GenBooks
- some speed improvements to the ObjC Sword wrapper
- fixed a problem when a GenBook is the active tab and a new tab is created that is a different type
- added possibility to add comments for a bookmark
- fixed a problem in the bookmark edit/new dialog when values were not taken
- added confirmation and information sheet before entering full screen mode
- some changes to context menu text, links and images have different context menus. Links (Strong's, X-Refs, ...) can now be opened via context menu.
- added default Font setting in preferences
- added font size setting per view
- added a thick divider in the Bible/Commentary split view

Regards,
Manfred

Posted by mdbergmann at Mar 16, 2009 3:09:37 PM

- added default Font setting in preferences
- added font size setting per view

I would further suggest you choose either "Helvetica" or "New Times Roman" as font since the previous default font "Lugica Grande" doesn't provide an italics style and thus some texts didn't look like they should.

Regards,
Manfred

Posted by Dale at Mar 17, 2009 5:29:23 AM
Do you have a link to the update?

DUH!! I found it, thanks for the info

Dale
----------------------------------------
“The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest." Luke 10:2

Posted by Simon at Mar 17, 2009 12:56:59 PM
Manfred, you're the best!

Posts: 116   Pages: 12   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]