mvnForum Homepage

Print at Dec 22, 2014 2:19:41 AM View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by Simon at Mar 3, 2009 2:21:53 PM
Greek accentuation marks
Hello!
Are there any modules with the Greek New Testament, which also has the greek accentuation marks? I think I have downloaded every greek module in the list, but MacSword doesn't show the accentuation on any of them.

Have I missed something?

Simon

Posted by Osk at Mar 3, 2009 8:19:54 PM
Re: Greek accentuation marks
We have two Greek texts in testing that both include accent marks. You can find these texts in our beta repository.

Using the MacSword module installer, the settings you need to add the beta repository are:
Site Name: CrossWire beta
Site Machine Name: www.crosswire.org
Repository Directory: /pub/sword/betaraw

The texts with accents are called Tisch and MorphGNT. Both also include morphological parsing and lemmatization, and one also includes Strong's numbers. (I forget which one.)

Posted by Simon at Mar 7, 2009 5:39:07 AM
Thank you
Thank you!
I couldn't access the server with the MacSword module manager ("An unknown problem occured while refreshing the install source!").
However, with Cyberduck I had no problems.

I haven't yet studied classical greek, but my friends who has says it is absolutely necessary to have the accentuations.

God's peace!
Simon

Posted by mdbergmann at Mar 7, 2009 6:02:55 AM
Re: Thank you
Thank you!
I couldn't access the server with the MacSword module manager ("An unknown problem occured while refreshing the install source!").
However, with Cyberduck I had no problems.

There is a difference between accessing via FTP and via the module manager.
MacSword 2 uses the new InstallMgr APIs which requires you to confirm a disclaimer.
If you don't do this, you can't refresh or install modules.
However the should have been a disclaimer window.

Manfred