mvnForum Homepage

Print at Sep 16, 2014 6:36:36 PM View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by Dale at Jan 29, 2009 9:59:13 AM
MS 1.4.3 Slow and Freezing Up
Man, this is becoming almost unusable angry I hate getting upset while trying to study but..any ideas?

Dale
----------------------------------------
“The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest." Luke 10:2

Posted by mdbergmann at Jan 29, 2009 11:45:11 AM
Re: MS 1.4.3 Slow and Freezing Up
A little bit more information would be helpful.

I guess you are using Strong's and when you hover over the links the program freezes?
The only thing I can advice at this time is not hovering over the Strong's links.

Regards,
Manfred

Posted by Dale at Jan 29, 2009 12:17:16 PM
Using the new MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHz 4Gb ram

Sometimes, rolling over the cross reference, the verse ( regardless of the translation) appears, sometimes. forgive the visual, it just gives me the pointing finger and locks up for a few minutes then returns never showing the rollover content.

Sometimes switching to a different commentary it just sits there, no action.

It's just completely unpredictable.

Dale
“The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest." Luke 10:2

Posted by Dale at Feb 15, 2009 4:44:34 PM
Bump!!!

Posted by mdbergmann at Feb 17, 2009 3:12:01 AM
This happens on some systems.
I haven't been able to track this problem down.
It doesn't happen on all my test and development systems.

You can wait until a beta version of MacSword 2 is out which doesn't have this problem.

Manfred

Posted by Dale at Feb 18, 2009 2:23:22 PM
smile   Re: MS 1.4.3 Slow and Freezing Up
I can wait, just hate to be cursing the computer for my Bible program not working!
biggrin biggrin crying biggrin

Dale

Posted by dmsmith at Feb 18, 2009 7:34:46 PM
You can try Bible Desktop, another SWORD program, that works with the same modules, until it come out. We don't want you cursing tongue

Posted by Dale at Feb 23, 2009 8:23:18 AM
Thanks for the help dmsmith, hey, any idea when the next version will be ready? I'm headed to the Philippines soon and this will be my primary Bible.

Dale

Posted by mdbergmann at Feb 27, 2009 5:31:34 AM
The current test version is quite stable and we are thinking of releasing a public beta really soon.
It is not that feature rich as MacSword 1 but on the other hand has some other nice things.
Note, it requires Mac OSX 10.5 (Leopard).

I'll announce here when we released it.

Thanks,
Manfred

Posted by Dale at Feb 27, 2009 5:39:09 AM
Well Done, Thank You Sir.

Dale