mvnForum Homepage

Print at Nov 28, 2014 5:20:39 PM View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by jbloodwo at Dec 12, 2008 5:05:23 PM
Inductive study manuscript
I was not positive to post here or general.

if there is not a currently a method to copy and past a "stripped" manuscript form section of text would it be possible to add this in the future to one of the front ends.
basicly what I am looking for in a stripped text is the ability to say copy all of say the book of Job. then past it in a document in say open office Sans chapter and verse delineations and only paragraphs.

Posted by gichurch at Dec 15, 2008 2:18:52 AM
Re: Inductive study manuscript
There is no such feature included.

GS can export chapters into HTML

diatheke can export more via commandline

But in both occasions you would need to clean the text from the verse tags.

Posted by Mikey at Apr 25, 2009 1:05:56 AM
If you run windows, You may try FireBible. I don't use it, but KIO_sword (the similar linux option for Konqueror) does have the option to turn off verse numbering, and to display either Verse per line or paragraph style.

Checking the info on FireBible it does have the ability to turn off verse numbers too. The info appears in firefox in plain html. Depending on your word processor you can import the font and formatting or just the plain text as you like (Ctrl-V and Ctrl-Shift-V will import rich text and plain text respectively in most modern word programs.)

Posted by dmsmith at Apr 25, 2009 11:38:01 AM
In addition to FireBible, Bible Desktop allows you to customize the view in the same way. (both use the the typical copy and paste commands will work, though it is still probably best to paste without formatting.)