mvnForum Homepage

Print at Jul 11, 2014 6:05:41 AM View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by PhyshBourne at Dec 2, 2008 8:40:18 PM
Luther 1984 and MacSword?
When I switched to OS X I found that my Windows-Bible-Programs didn't work even with wine.
And the few Mac-Bible-Programs like Accordance are not to cheap.
Then I found MacSword!
Which made me happy.
Unforunately there's no Luther 1984 text.
From a long time ago I still have this text as an ASCII-file on my HD.
I wonder if it is possible to make a module out of it - and how to do it.
Any hints?

Posted by gichurch at Dec 7, 2008 11:13:54 AM
Re: Luther 1984 and MacSword?
When I switched to OS X I found that my Windows-Bible-Programs didn't work even with wine.
Then I found MacSword!
Which made me happy.
Any hints?

To make a module with a text still under copyright would be likely breach of the same. We would want to have nothing to do with that.

Why don't you instead approach the copyright holders and ask them whether they would be interested in allowing us to use their text or indeed whether they would be interested in selling a module for CrossWire. Hoffnung fuer Alle is available in this fashion.

Posted by lflikw at Jan 27, 2009 12:03:07 PM
Then I found MacSword!
Which made me happy.
Any hints?

Yes, you paid Copyright for OS9, Also for OSX...
You can read ONE bible at a time. Not in OS9 and OSX. So I think you can convert the txt version to MacSword for you're own use.

To make a module with a text still under copyright would be likely breach of the same. We would want to have nothing to do with that.

Why don't you instead approach the copyright holders and ask them whether they would be interested in allowing us to use their text or indeed whether they would be interested in selling a module for CrossWire. Hoffnung fuer Alle is available in this fashion.

What is: Hoffnung fuer Alle... ???

Leo

Posted by gichurch at Jan 27, 2009 3:15:40 PM
No, that is a total misunderstanding. Format shifting is in many countries against the law.

Wrt Luther 1984 I had a conversation subsequent to the start of this thread with the Bibelgesellschaft in Stuttgart regarding their Luther 1984 translation. It did not look hopeful at all. If we could guarantee 500/sales per annum at £10 they would maybe start thinking.

But - I also had conversations with Brockhaus regarding the newest Elberfelder and with the Katholisches Bibelwerk regarding Einheitsuebersetzung. These conversations were a lot more positive and might lead to something. So watch this space and pray