mvnForum Homepage

Print at Dec 21, 2014 7:55:54 PM View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by andrigtmiller at Dec 2, 2008 1:01:26 PM
Windows EXE Bible Text Conversion
Is it possible to take a Windows EXE version of a Bible Text and convert it to be able to import it into the Linux version of GNOME Sword?

I have purchased an NASB translation for Sword, but they only have a Windows version of the text. I have tried to execute the file (nasb.exe) through Wine on Linux, but it hangs on a dialog that says Setting up wizard...

Any suggestions would be helpful. Keep in mind I don't have access to any Windows based computers, as I only have Mac's and Linux.

Thanks.

Posted by Osk at Dec 2, 2008 9:42:58 PM
Re: Windows EXE Bible Text Conversion
I don't know how you would be able to achieve what you want to do, nor are we able to help you. Although you have a license to use the NASB in one piece of software, unfortunately that does not mean you have a license to use the same text in Sword.

On the bright side (assuming you're willing to spend a bit more money) we expect that the NASB will soon be on sale for use in Sword.

Posted by ua4ever at Dec 3, 2008 5:46:28 AM
I have purchased an NASB translation for Sword

Have they started selling NASB for Sword (as opposed their own application)?

Posted by andrigtmiller at Dec 3, 2008 8:25:13 AM
I don't know how you would be able to achieve what you want to do, nor are we able to help you. Although you have a license to use the NASB in one piece of software, unfortunately that does not mean you have a license to use the same text in Sword.

On the bright side (assuming you're willing to spend a bit more money) we expect that the NASB will soon be on sale for use in Sword.

Actually, I purchased it for Sword, but they only supply a Windows version. They even give the links to downloading the Windows version of Sword.

I'll spend whatever they want for it, but it sounds like they already do this to me, but just the Windows version.

Posted by andrigtmiller at Dec 3, 2008 8:27:24 AM
I have purchased an NASB translation for Sword

Have they started selling NASB for Sword (as opposed their own application)?

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought what I purchased was for Sword, not their own application. They give a download link to the following:

www.e-sword.net/downloads.html

Isn't this the Windows version of Sword? Or is their own application separate of the Sword project?

Posted by Osk at Dec 3, 2008 8:57:27 PM
No, I'm afraid that is e-Sword, which has no relation to The SWORD Project or CrossWire.