mvnForum Homepage

Print at Jul 30, 2014 2:10:58 AM View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by taebert at Oct 27, 2008 6:57:09 AM
How can you back up your notes?
As a windows user I always need to be prepared for thi inevitable system rebuild. I want to know what files I need to back up to be able to restore my notes. Also, are any of the files hidden . This would be nice to know

thx,
tim
http://clcconyngham.org

Posted by mdbergmann at Oct 30, 2008 11:45:03 PM
Re: How can you back up your notes?
Tim.

I'm not fully sure about any hidden files.
But for your modules you would need to backup the "mods.d" and "modules" folder in the program folder.

Regards,
Manfred

Posted by Osk at Nov 9, 2008 2:38:44 PM
The personal notes, specifically, are found in (assuming the default installation): C:\Program Files\CrossWire\The SWORD Project\modules\comments\rawfiles\personal

There are no hidden files. Nor is anything installed outside of the C:\Program Files\CrossWire\The SWORD Project\ directory, except for one or two registry entries.

Posted by taebert at Feb 7, 2009 3:17:01 PM
So if I just back up the 'C:\Program Files\CrossWire\The Sword Project' to a back up drive I'll have it all.

I'm thinking that a quick and dirty system recovery might go like this:
-- re-install the sword package
-- over-write the directory above with my backed up files. I think that will recover not only my notes, but also all the bibles that I have added.

Any thoughts on this?

tim

Posted by scribe at Feb 7, 2009 5:09:38 PM
Yes, that sounds right. You actually don't even need to reinstall the package. Once you copy the folder to a backup drive, you can actually run it from there. The registry entries are unnecessary and are concessions for Windows installers/uninstallers

Posted by vic.rodriguez@cox.net at Sep 26, 2010 4:36:28 AM
Would you know how I can backup my personal Notes in MacSword please? Or can you lead me to where I could get this info?
Thanks