mvnForum Homepage

Print at Nov 22, 2014 5:00:45 PM View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by idee at Sep 4, 2008 8:51:14 PM
missing cross references in ESV, on SuSE v11.0
Greeting and blessings for all of your work.
I have just updated my SuSE linux from 10.3 to 11.0. I am using the ESV as my primary text. It used to show cross references within the text (in blue) that would show in the mag window. Since this update there are only little blue rectangles where the cross references should be. Is there a way to get them back? This is consistant on all 3 systems I have installed, both i586 and x64.

thanks in advance,
mike

Posted by idee at Sep 11, 2008 8:23:25 AM
Re: missing cross references in ESV, on SuSE v11.0
There is a bug report at sourceforge for this from another flavor of linux. So it seems is it a bug, but there is no reply as yet. The comment from the user that placed the bug report said he was able to reload a previous version of both sword and bibletime and get the references back. I am trying to do that but having some problems in getting it to compile. I will report back when I have something that works.

Posted by idee at Sep 14, 2008 12:29:45 PM
Re: missing cross references in ESV, on SuSE v11.0
I have spent more than a week working through multiple versions of both Sword and Bibletime, recompiling and installing. I have to finally give up. I love Bibletime and have used it for many years, but I am putting it on hold for now. I have found that jsword and both BibleDesktop and Alkitab have this issue resolved and are actually very solid alternatives. The important thing to me is to be able to study the Word of God and I am thrilled to find valid options within the Linux and Sword worlds. Hopefully Bibletime will get this corrected sometime soon. I will be checking back in that hope from time to time.

Grace and peace in our most awesome Lord Jesus Christ!
idee