mvnForum Homepage

Print at Sep 20, 2014 5:07:03 AM
View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by hoshi411 at Jul 12, 2007 12:12:09 AM
Module Request Shinkaiyaku
Doing missionary work in Osaka Japan. I've been here for 3 years. I noticed the Shinkaiyaku is available at E-Sword but I am a Mac user.

Would love to get a copy for Macsword.

Thanks to Dave and to all for your hard work.

Posted by Osk at Jul 12, 2007 12:54:18 AM
Re: Module Request Shinkaiyaku
Do you know the copyright status of this translation? If it is copyrighted, do you know who holds the copyright and who we might contact for obtaining a copy of the translation and rights to distribute it?

It's great that e-Sword has added this translation, but that doesn't mean much for Sword.

Posted by hoshi411 at Jul 18, 2007 7:47:35 AM
sad   Re: Module Request Shinkaiyaku
I don't know that information sorry.

Posted by hoshi411 at Jan 21, 2008 6:20:48 PM
Re: Module Request Shinkaiyaku
seems to me that if it is freely available at e-sword then there wont be any problems in it being freely available at crosswire.

Posted by hoshi411 at May 10, 2008 6:35:37 AM
cool   I FOUND IT!!!!!!! JAPANESE VERSION!!!!
Here is the windows link
http://bbbible.com/sword/TSKkougo.EXE

Here is the mac version
http://bbbible.com/sword/kougo.sit

there are 3 other Japanese knock off translations like this one but they are only the new testament and the Kanji is really old and funny sounding.

This one is the whole Bible and is halfway decent. But the japanese sounds like someone .... sounds like maybe a guy living in the King James era decided to write "the message"

the Japanese sounds a little bit old and yet sounds more like an interpretation than a true translation but it is the best that there is for now as far as getting a japanese translation on crosswire.

I really don't understand why you don't convert the E-Sword version of the Shinkaiyaku translation which is free on E-sword but unavailable for us Mac users and if it is free on E-sword then there is no reason why it can't be free on crosswire and you guys who know how to convert things ... it would no doubt be a snap for you.

until then we are reduced to using this Kougo translation.

At least it is something.

Have fun

Posted by Osk at May 10, 2008 1:04:55 PM
Re: I FOUND IT!!!!!!! JAPANESE VERSION!!!!
There is absolutely no relation between e-Sword and CrossWire. We do not have permission to distribute the Shinkaiyaku Bible, which is still under copyright. To do so would be against the law.

Posted by hoshi411 at Feb 18, 2009 6:09:44 AM
OK then what's stopping you from posting the modules listed above?
Seems there are a lot of Bible translations out there but no Japanese O_o

Are you saying that E-sword has a special contract with the shinkaiyaku group that allows them to distribute it?

Posted by gichurch at Feb 18, 2009 12:52:23 PM
We have several Japanese Bibles in our beta repository, waiting for release. I think these are the same you found.

With regard to e-sword resources - we simply can not comment on that. Sometimes people do have permissions which others do not get, sometimes people publish things they should not publish.

Posted by duaneshell1 at Apr 20, 2009 8:12:50 AM
We have several Japanese Bibles in our beta repository, waiting for release. I think these are the same you found.

With regard to e-sword resources - we simply can not comment on that. Sometimes people do have permissions which others do not get, sometimes people publish things they should not publish.

The Shinkaiyaku on E-sword is the 2nd edition and is currently out of print. The Japan Bible Society now prints a third edition. That could be a reason why they are able to use it. From statements Rick Meyers has made in the past, as well as site practices (removing some modules -charging necessary fees others), would seem to indicate that E-Sword is above board.

Posted by stratman at Apr 30, 2009 8:57:27 PM
biggrin   Re: I FOUND IT!!!!!!! JAPANESE VERSION!!!!
I am new to this forum. But I just got e-Sword latest version, but did not find any Japanese Bible in the system. Perhaps I missed it? I have it in hard copy I take to Japan with me when I go. The Japanese equivalent to the NIV.
IS there a Japanese module for e-Sword I am not finding? If so, if someone could direct me to the download, I would greatly appreciate it. I emailed them, but no response.
In Christ,
David Wollard