mvnForum Homepage

Print at Nov 24, 2014 5:39:47 AM
Posted by chrisbaker at Jan 1, 2007 6:37:25 PM
extraneous characters in personal comm.
Using the 10/4/2006 version of Sword/Win, I get the following gibberish whenever I try to view my own personal commentary notes or add new ones:
{ \viewkind4\uc1\pard\cf7\lang1033\f1\fs24 Times New Roman;\fs20
(at beginning of note)
and
\nowidctlpar\fs24\par \par \f1 \cf7\par } (at end of note)

I tried switching back to the 9/7/2002 version and the text was displayed fine. Also, it looked fine in the version before the current one.

Any hints? Since the personal commentary looks fine in other versions, I'd venture to say it's a problem with this build.

Posted by Coburn at Jan 8, 2007 1:23:04 PM
Re: extraneous characters in personal comm.
Be sure and use the mailing lists. These forums are not advertised in such a way as to get much traffic. But I get about one e-mail a day from the GnomeSword users list. wink

I mean, I've made 28 posts, ever, on this forum, and about a fourth of them are still the most recent post in their forum. It's embarassing.blushing

Posted by chrisbaker at Jan 21, 2007 6:24:58 AM
Re: extraneous characters in personal comm.
It must have been inspired, but I seem to have found the solution to my problem: I edited out the line in personal.conf which read "SourceType=ThML"
Judging from the help file, this could have implications if I wanted to add verse references to context (right-click) menus in the personal commentary. I'll just avoid that.