mvnForum Homepage

Print at Jul 28, 2014 1:22:50 AM View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by danpadams at Jun 25, 2005 10:56:19 AM
Bibletime 1.4.1 for KDE/Slackware
I have tried installing Bibletime 1.4.1 in my KDE installation with is using a slackware system. However unfortunately it does not want to let me view the actual text of the modules, all it will give me is a list of which modules are installed. I have a bunch of modules installed as I have used it with BibleCS and also with Diatheke previously and I have kept a directory with all the modules running in it.

Dan

Posted by jansorg at Jun 30, 2005 4:43:17 AM
Re: Bibletime 1.4.1 for KDE/Slackware
Hi,
is the modules list on the left of the main window?
If it is, just click on a module to view the text.

It it isn't, please let us know what doesn't work and include some more details.

Thanks,
Joachim

Posted by danpadams at Jul 1, 2005 8:52:41 AM
Yes, the module list is on the left. However when I click on the module to view the text, nothing shows up on the right. It just remains grey as it was before I try this.

Any other suggestions? It is pretty much a clean install of the Bibletime program, except I have added the reference to my directory of modules.

Dan

Posted by jansorg at Jul 2, 2005 2:17:40 AM
Yes, the module list is on the left. However when I click on the module to view the text, nothing shows up on the right. It just remains grey as it was before I try this.

No window pops up on the right? That's really strange!
Did you configure KDE to use a double click?

Do all modules you installed appear on the left?
What messages do appear if you run "bibletime" from a terminal window like "konsole"?

Thanks,
Joachim

Posted by danpadams at Jul 2, 2005 11:00:32 AM
This is deffinately a strange one for me, I am working on trying to switch my needs from MS Windows to something in the XWindows realm.

When you asked if I configured KDE to use a double click, I know I am using it at other times for other programs.

All the installed modules do appear in the lists on the left.

When I run bibletime from a concole so I can see the messages there are two of them that pop up. They are:

kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::insertKAccel( kaccel = 0x81f41d8 ): KAccelobject already contains an action name "help_whats_thisi"

Which may be from a different error other than what we are looking at. I get that one when I launch the program.

bibletime: symbol lookup error: bibletime: undefined symbol: _ZN3DOM4NodeC1Ev

Is the error I see when I try to view a module and when it closes the bibletime window. That is if I double click on the module, I thought I was to single click. Single clicking did nothing at all, in either window.

Dan

Posted by jansorg at Jul 2, 2005 1:06:00 PM
Hi,

bibletime: symbol lookup error: bibletime: undefined symbol: _ZN3DOM4NodeC1Ev 

that's the reason. The installation is mixed up. I guess you installed a version which was not made for your version of Slackware.
Which packages did you install?

Joachim

Posted by danpadams at Jul 3, 2005 3:51:59 PM
Well, that made sense being that I have slackware 10.1 installed but I had a slackware 9.0 package of bibletime. I then after realizing this tried removing the 9.0 package, and then installing the 10.0 package, but when I tried running it then I ran into a different problem. It then gave me a console message when I start bibletime of:

bibletime: error while loading shared libraries: libsword.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Normally when I recieve this type of error I just search on the slackware website for the package containing the file needed and then install the package and go from there. Any suggestions of where to get this one?

Dan