mvnForum Homepage

Print at Jul 23, 2014 5:01:44 AM View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by jackson at Dec 17, 2004 12:20:01 AM
Menu Bar Alternate Letter Commands Quit Working
I just started trying to use the program.

For no apparent reason, at times the commands on the menu bar quit working. I type alternate, f, for example, either successively or concurrently, and the file menu does not open like it should. I can't find any key on the keyboard that makes them work again.

I am going along, want to execute a menu command, and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Then I have to interrupt my train of thought, take my hands off the keyboard and use the mouse to get the keyboard menu bar commands to work again. This is annoying as can be and makes the program useless to me. Outside graphic programs, clicking on links in web pages is as much as I want to do with a mouse.

When this happens, I can still click on the menu commands with my mouse, and they open up.

If I click outside whatever you call the four boxes in the program, the keyboard menu bar commands start working again.

I have noticed that this problem seems to concide with the mouse pointer changing from its usual symbol, an arrow, to a windows text select symbol, a small I, on my system.

Is there something that I can do on the keyboard to reactivate the menu bar commands without having to use the mouse?

In other programs, the menu bar commands work normally when the mouse pointer changes to a text select symbol.

Is this a bug or something intentionally done for some reason?