mvnForum Homepage

Print at Oct 20, 2014 2:17:58 PM View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by ndlovu at Oct 28, 2004 1:54:04 PM
Bug?: Clicking a multiple verse reference only displays one verse
One of the great things about using a computer instead of a book is that you don't need to spend a lot of time paging through the Bible looking up references! It's a great feature that you can just click on references in the commentary and they will be displayed immediately in the left pane.

The problem that I have (in Gnomesword 2) is that clicking on, for example, 1 Ch 6:7-9 will only display verse 7, and not all three verses. I apologise if I've missed something and it does this already. I really like the way e-Sword brings up a pop-up window containing the relevant verses when your mouse moves over a reference.

Thanks for all the time you're putting into a great product!

Rudi

Posted by sword.w.micmurphys at Jul 29, 2007 2:13:47 PM
Re: Bug?: Clicking a multiple verse reference only displays one verse
I agree. For example, if I enter the reference for Gen 1:1-5, I would like to see verses 1 through 5 highlighted as the active verse rather than just the first one. Additionally, v 1.5.9 of The SWORD Project for Windows has gotten rather bad about having the first verse of such a reference appear at the bottom of the window so that you have to scroll up to see the second verse in the list. Could someone fix the code so that when given a reference like John 3:16-18 that all three verses appeared in the middle of the window (if possible) or at least the first verse of a multi reference appeared in the top half of the window rather than at the very bottom.

Posted by eelik at Jul 31, 2007 12:54:39 AM

The problem that I have (in Gnomesword 2) is that clicking on, for example, 1 Ch 6:7-9 will only display verse 7, and not all three verses.

Can you give an exact example of the modules you are using?
----------------------------------------
Read the FAQ! http://www.crosswire.org/faq

Posted by Osk at Aug 1, 2007 1:10:10 PM
Bear in mind the question regarding GnomeSword is from 3 years ago and it is unlikely the user is still monitoring the forums. It is also quite possible that the problem has since been addressed.

Posted by karl at Aug 6, 2007 1:40:27 PM
It is also quite possible that the problem has since been addressed.

Yup. I forget exactly when it happened, but a month or three ago, a change was made so that clicking xrefs with verse ranges would generate the whole set in the verse list.
----------------------------------------
Project Admin, Xiphos