mvnForum Homepage

Print at Dec 27, 2014 1:09:06 PM View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by jdhardin at Sep 5, 2004 2:40:54 PM
Feature requests
Dear Will,

Thanks for the hard work on the additions to MacSword. I have two feature requests:

(1) Synched scrolling: One feature I really miss from other version of Sword (e.g. BibleTime 1.4.1.app under the alpha version of the KDE Aqua port) is a way to synchronize scrolling of multiple versions. Might there be a way to do this using tabs or other text panes under Cocoa?

(2) Different fonts specified for different versions: Lucida Grande or other Unicode-aware fonts under OS X are all rendered the same by MacSword except for those such as Code2000 and the SIL fonts. Code 2000, although not without minor bugs in rendering under OS X, is a beautiful for Hebrew, but not for Greek or Roman character sets (in my opinion). Greek and Roman characters look great with Arial/Lucida Grande/Times New Roman, etc. It would be great to specific on a module-by-module basis what font should be used. This is obviously most useful for non-Roman texts such as Greek and Hebrew, but also likely things like Arabic, Asian languages, etc.

Thanks again for the hard work!

Jeff Hardin

Posted by LightHouse at May 13, 2006 2:27:17 PM
Re: Feature requests
I have a request.

It would be great to see the Strongs numbers in the KJV word search results window.

Thanks