mvnForum Homepage

Print at Oct 22, 2014 8:07:48 PM
Posted by hkwebtech at May 6, 2013 2:39:04 AM
Paragraphs markup are not properly shown in pocketsword
I had a bible Rawtext module with codes <br> and <p></p>. The paragraphs are properly displayed in Eloquent but not in PocketSword. PocketSword just ignore the markup and show the text by line.

Posted by niccarter at May 7, 2013 6:05:45 PM
Re: Paragraphs markup are not properly shown in pocketsword
Hi there,

Where did you acquire the module from? Or did you create it yourself? Could you pass it on to me via email and I can take a look at it? But, how does it display in other apps, like Xiphos?

Thanks,
nic... :)
----------------------------------------
PocketSword Developer
http://twitter.com/PocketSword

Posted by karl at May 8, 2013 4:26:56 AM
I had a bible Rawtext module with codes <br> and <p></p>.

It is inconsistent to have a module whose configuration claims to be Rawtext but whose content nonetheless contains markup elements like <br> and <p>. Either the configuration is wrong, that it should be ThML or OSIS, or the content is wrong, and should not contain such elements.

That Eloquent shows paragraph separation is actually a bug, because Eloquent must have ignored the configuration directive in favor of having detected the elements, which is not exactly proper. Convenient in this one case, perhaps, but nonetheless wrong.
----------------------------------------
Project Admin, Xiphos

Posted by hkwebtech at May 10, 2013 1:46:14 PM
thanks. the problem solved now. I forgot to put proper entry in conf file. thanks for advice.