mvnForum Homepage

Print at Dec 21, 2014 11:06:56 AM
Posted by Noebauwens at Jan 13, 2013 6:50:54 AM
Error viewing upload page for manual module install
Hey Nick!

(In the end trying with another email to register to this forum worked things out, but no clue why it didnt work with my hotmail, junk folder was empty..but well we're in now:) )

The problem is when i try to connect my pc to connect to my ipod touch, in my case let's say: 192.168.1.100:53332 in any browser get the following error:

This page contains the following errors:

error on line 7 at column 32: xmlParseEntityRef: no name
Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

Nothing else.. Am I doing something wrong are is this an error in the latest build?

Many thanks!
God bless you with the work your doing!
Noë

Posted by niccarter at Jan 13, 2013 4:36:24 PM
Re: Error viewing upload page for manual module install
Glad to see you were able to register :)

Concerning the MMM error you are seeing, which web browser/s are you using to try this?
I have just tested this with Safari, Google Chrome and Firefox and it works with each of those.
I do remember hearing, years ago, that it didn't work with IE, and since I have no access to IE and IE is such a terrible browser, I have never attempted to do anything about that.
Hopefully you have access to at least one of the above browsers & can you please give it a go? Also, what OS are you running? Is your PC running Windows XP or Linux or ...? :)

Thanks heaps, ybic
nic... :)
----------------------------------------
PocketSword Developer
http://twitter.com/PocketSword

Posted by Noebauwens at Jan 13, 2013 11:03:14 PM
Thanks for replying,

I tried it over and over, both connected to the same wifi network, I tried on another pc laptop and the same error message, even tried it on my own ipod touch switching from pocketsword to safari, which brings the error down to pocketsword or ipod..

I'm using the latest version of pocketsword abailable for download, got 4th gen ipod touch with ios6.

Noë

Posted by niccarter at Jan 26, 2013 9:35:09 PM
I'm sorry that it's not working for you.
I have just tested it again and it works perfectly for me.
I have made a minor tweak and we'll see if that helps you, and I hope to have a new release out in the next month or so (it's half done but I've been busy for the last 3 weeks and so haven't had time to get further along with it!).

However, again I need to stress that it works well for me and I don't have access to any Windows machines to test it on. I have just tested it running PocketSword on my iPhone 5 (iOS 6.0.2) and then connecting via my iPad running iOS 6.0.1 and that worked as well.

Do you have any Macs that you can try with? I'm sorry but as I'm unable to replicate this and I haven't heard of this error before, I'm unable to go much further? :(
Are you also able to try on a different WiFi network?

Sorry about that!
PocketSword Developer

Posted by niccarter at Jan 29, 2013 7:31:40 PM
Ahh, quick question! What is your iPod touch named? That seems to be causing the issue, and so if I can try with the name of your device, hopefully we can get to the bottom of it! :)
PocketSword Developer

Posted by Noebauwens at Jan 30, 2013 1:26:43 AM
Hey Nick, yes indeed it's the name my ipod touch was named "noë & noemi" . After changing to "noe" only worked right away!

Thanks alot and sorry for all this, though I hope it'll help you!
Thanks for the great work bringing the bible closer and for free to more people!
God bless you! And tell me if somehow could be to your help!

Noë

Posted by niccarter at Jan 30, 2013 3:49:53 AM
Ahh, awesome, thanks for letting me know. :)

Also, you have helped me track down this bug and so this will be fixed in the next version of PocketSword :)

If you can find any other things that are misbehaving, let me know and hopefully together we can fix them, like we did just then :)

Thanks, ybic
nic... :)
PocketSword Developer