mvnForum Homepage

Print at Jul 24, 2014 3:46:42 AM View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by Tonyc at Dec 30, 2012 8:52:56 AM
Ipad Mini search function- no response
Hello and blessings to all. I have just installed the Pocket Sword dictionary app on my Ipad Mini, and can't get the search function to work?? Does anyone know if the PS app even functions fully on the Ipad Mini?, or am I missing a something . confused
Thanks for any assistance.
Tony

Posted by niccarter at Jan 1, 2013 5:45:32 PM
Re: Ipad Mini search function- no response
Hi Tony,
the app should work fine on the iPad mini, and I haven't heard of any issues relating to it?

Regarding search in the dictionary section: when you do a search it will simply search the entry names in the dictionary. If you wanted to search within each dictionary entry, you'll have to wait a little as we haven't added that feature yet, sorry!

Does that help? Let us know if you need more assistance? :)

Thanks, ybic
nic... :)
----------------------------------------
PocketSword Developer
http://twitter.com/PocketSword

Posted by Tonyc at Jan 2, 2013 7:41:20 AM
Thanks for the response Nic,

Unfortunately the whole dictionary search page is a "dead page". It does not allow me to get any response when I try to input text into the search field. I do not get a keyboard pop up or any other option that allows me to enter a search when trying to tap the search field.

I also deleted and re-installed the app to rule out a poor download.

I would love to hear from other Ipad Mini users who are able to use the Sword app on their devices.

Posted by niccarter at Jan 2, 2013 8:56:54 PM
Hi Tony,

That sounds like a pain! Which Dictionary are you trying to search in? Perhaps you could tap on the button in the top right corner of the Dictionary tab & switch to a different dictionary and see if that helps?
----------------------------------------
PocketSword Developer
http://twitter.com/PocketSword

Posted by Tonyc at Jan 2, 2013 10:10:55 PM
Ahaa! I just found out that there was not any dictionary loaded! Well, looks like I am under way. Sorry for my ignorance to loading modules.
I greatly appreciate the help Nic!
Happy New Year!