mvnForum Homepage

Print at Oct 25, 2014 12:48:42 PM View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by MPihlaja at Jan 4, 2012 6:20:11 AM
OSIS status & support?
What is the status of the OSIS project nowadays? The OSIS website doesn't say anything about ending the project, but the "New!" information on the frontpage is about a new schema, dated March 2006. So obviously nobody is updating the site.

I'm currently working on an official XML version of the Finnish Bible. We selected OSIS for the job quite a while ago, not realizing that there is no more development & support.

I've done a lot of work already, now facing a number of questions that don't get answered by the OSIS manual. The OSIS frontpage link "Get our questions answered" leads to a broken link. I've tried e-mailing Patrick Durusau (the author of the OSIS manual) as well as joining the OSIS Users' Group, but no answer.

Any OSIS experts here, or can anyone give me any pointers?

Posted by troypulk at Jan 8, 2012 3:42:36 PM
Re: OSIS status & support?
Post your questions here:

http://www.crosswire.org/mailman/listinfo/osis-users

Posted by Osk at Jan 9, 2012 10:51:23 PM
I've edited the above post. Please direct discussion to osis-users, not the previously identified list.

CrossWire, among others, still uses OSIS widely. The OSIS webpage, unfortunately, is hosted by ABS, who not longer have any active role in OSIS development.

I'm not sure what the "OSIS Users' Group" refers to, but if it refers to the mailing list at WTS, it is no longer active. The list has been replaced by the above osis-users list at CrossWire. We'll be happy to answer your questions there. Most of the OSIS editors and numerous other experienced users are subscribed to that list.

Posted by MPihlaja at Jan 10, 2012 3:32:02 AM
Thanks a lot! I'll subscribe to the list and soon start asking my questions.

Yes, "OSIS Users' Group" refered to this text in the OSIS User Manual - obviously the list you were talking about:
For more information on OSIS, join the OSIS Users' Group. To do so, send mail to osis-user@whi.wts.edu, setting the Subject line to "subscribe".