mvnForum Homepage

Print at Sep 23, 2014 7:31:42 PM View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by katherine425 at Oct 7, 2011 1:11:36 AM
Arabic SVD
I was just wondering if it might be possible to upgrade the AraSVD module to include diacritical marks (Arabic's short vowels). The AraNAV module does include them and religious texts really, really ought to include them - at least that's what my friends here in the Middle East seem to think. It also makes reading the text much easier for those learning Arabic and makes it possible for those unfamiliar with Biblical name and expressions to read and understand.

I know that it's available some places online (http://www.copticchurch.net/cgibin/bible/), but it'd be nice to have it on my computer and shareable.

Thanks.
Katherine

eta: It looks like the Coptic Church got their text from arabicbible.com. That site's blocked for me, but it might be a source for the text with diacritics.

Posted by is626 at Oct 10, 2011 4:25:52 AM
Re: Arabic SVD
Great request. I second this request since the reading of the Holy texts here carry a very big importance on the text being pronounced properly. Thanks for the request. If there is anything the community can do to help move this along let us know!

Posted by Osk at Oct 13, 2011 7:57:48 PM
We've had this available for about 3 years, in the beta repository. I'll look into whether there are any issue remaining, and move it into the main repository if not.

Posted by Osk at Nov 2, 2011 1:28:47 PM
The pointed Arabic text is now available in the main repository, under the name "AraSVD".