mvnForum Homepage

Print at Sep 18, 2014 8:50:56 AM
Posted by jf_sly at Sep 9, 2011 6:37:43 AM
Adding book on Android
I am posting this in the general section because there was no "Android" section under the handheld area.

I installed the AndBible package for android from the market. I was also able to install a couple books and cometary via the built in menus. However was wondering how I might install/add other items that I have downloaded (i.e. maps, etc) that I use on my PC with BBible.

I'm hoping someone here may be able to assist as the AndBible site points to here for getting help.

Posted by jonmmorgan at Sep 18, 2011 6:43:09 AM
Re: Adding book on Android
As we have discussed before, I do not have an Android so I am merely passing on information I received from the author a few months ago. I hope it is right and useful:

"Android is totally open so you just plug in a usb cable and drag modules into sdcard/jsword using a standard file manager app (Windows Explorer)."

I think the modules could come directly from your BPBible install (if you don't know where they are kept, go to "Bible > Information", then look at the AbsoluteDataPath to find it).

Posted by jf_sly at Sep 20, 2011 10:19:52 AM
Yes understand, I tried that and it did not work.

Posted by jonmmorgan at Sep 26, 2011 5:46:03 AM
Just a thought: Did you use the module zip files downloaded from CrossWire, or the modules and mods.d directories that these expand to on disk? I don't know which one AndBible actually uses, but I would guess it would be the expanded version.

Posted by mjdenham at Sep 26, 2011 6:48:03 AM
It is possible to install modules manually. This is briefly described in the first item in the And Bible FAQ . However maps are not yet supported - only bibles, commentaries, dictionaries and books.

Martin

Posted by mirandasmith at Aug 6, 2012 9:05:44 PM
Can anybody tell me how to insert books and how can i read those PDF books, too? I am just confused.

Posted by mirandasmith at Aug 17, 2012 10:05:10 PM
Can anybody tell me how to insert books and how can i read those PDF books, too? I am just confused.

I'm hoping someone with more Android experience.

Posted by mirandasmith at Aug 17, 2012 10:06:15 PM
I'm hoping someone with more Android experience.

Posted by PortablePasCher at Apr 29, 2013 8:53:13 AM
What I did was copy an .epub file over to the nook app and pasted it over to the My Documents folder (using a file explorer.) Sync the app and the book will show up in "my files". Open and enjoy. if you want to use Calibre and Kindle, I believe you can send the file to your Kindle via email from Calibre, then sync/update. I haven't done that for a long time, so am just going from memory.
----------------------------------------
Portable Pas Cher

Posted by joleyjames123 at Sep 18, 2013 7:01:26 PM
I have a couple Books I want to read...I was wondering if there was a way to add them to the stock "Reader" App that comes with our Inspire?

----------------------------------------
aerogel