mvnForum Homepage

Print at Sep 20, 2014 9:10:15 PM
Posts: 64   Pages: 7   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page ]
View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by mdbergmann at Sep 25, 2011 8:54:12 AM
Re: New Name Voting
I'm, not making the connection between having a trademark for "Biblia.com" and having a program called "Biblia".
If there would be trouble for using "Biblia" for a name of a program it would be inappropriate.

However in order to avoid any such potential trouble.
We'll start over.

Apps using iXYZ are indeed a little used too widely.
Preferably we'd want to have something without "i" or "My".

I'll start a new thread shortly to collect new suggestions.

Manfred

Posted by philtr at Oct 2, 2011 5:56:49 AM
I know I'm a little late to this discussion, but what's wrong with Eloquent?

I thought it was perfect! The Word of God is relevant to everyone anywhere at any time. Eloquent means "Fluent or persuasive in speaking or writing" or "Clearly expressing or indicating something", and I both of those describe my experience reading God's Word.

Honestly, all the rest of the suggestions seems a little silly compared to Eloquent.

Phillip

Posted by mdbergmann at Oct 2, 2011 2:46:52 PM
Well, thank you as it actually was my choice and I like it as well.
The problem with this name is that there are many complaints by people.
However I will add it in the upcoming name voting.

Manfred

Posted by 1stmac at Oct 5, 2011 5:20:56 AM
Hi Manfred. Your responsiveness to user feedback is appreciated ;)
But since Eloquent is already the default name, and it looks like you can't satisfy everyone anyway, perhaps you should just stick to it, then?

Posted by JonGl at Oct 5, 2011 5:58:02 AM
Hi Manfred. Your responsiveness to user feedback is appreciated ;)
But since Eloquent is already the default name, and it looks like you can't satisfy everyone anyway, perhaps you should just stick to it, then?

+2 to this suggestion. Eloquent certainly seems better than all the other options we've come up with (and i include my suggestions in that). :-)

-Jon

Posted by niccarter at Oct 5, 2011 4:46:33 PM
How about the full name being "Eloquent Bible Study" & so that's what appears in the Mac App Store, but call the executable simply "Eloquent"? That's one option I'm considering for PS: rename it something long for use in the App Store (which also means those are added search terms!) but still call the app PS... ;)
----------------------------------------
PocketSword Developer
http://twitter.com/PocketSword

Posted by TheNavyBear at Oct 7, 2011 11:25:31 AM
I vote for Eloquent
----------------------------------------
TheNavyBear was here!

Posted by jcharlery at Oct 8, 2011 4:36:57 AM
I have always liked MacSword! If this is not available, then both of my votes would be for iSword.

Posted by mdbergmann at Oct 8, 2011 10:20:39 AM
How about the full name being "Eloquent Bible Study" & so that's what appears in the Mac App Store, but call the executable simply "Eloquent"? That's one option I'm considering for PS: rename it something long for use in the App Store (which also means those are added search terms!) but still call the app PS... ;)

That's not a bad idea.
We already have the domain eloquent-bible-study.eu.
A rename would mean quite a lot of time and effort.
I'll think about it some more and maybe we get some more opinions.

Manfred

Posted by jchaugen at Oct 12, 2011 7:37:32 AM
Dixit Dominus /ˈdɪksɪt ˈdoʊmɪˌnus/
Dixit for short!

Translated this means "The Lord Said." Dixit Dominus occurs throughout the scripture, especially in the Prophets. It is well known for the Psalm 110 setting by George Friederic Handel. As the scriptures are indeed the word of the Lord I can think of no more appropriate name.

The name would have international appeal as it is Latin many other languages have similar words regularly used today.

Posts: 64   Pages: 7   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page ]