mvnForum Homepage

Print at Nov 24, 2014 5:40:45 AM
Posts: 64   Pages: 7   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page ]
View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by cottager at Sep 16, 2011 8:05:51 AM
smile   Re: New Name Voting
From the original list my favorite is:
Biblia

But I'm an artist/writer so i HAD to get creative too - sorry! :)

so though you didn't ask, how about:
Codex

Posted by onemorelate at Sep 17, 2011 8:13:33 AM
Re: New Name Voting
Biblia +1
MyScriptures +1

^__^

Posted by mdbergmann at Sep 17, 2011 12:41:03 PM
This is the current result:

iSword +14
Biblia (Phanera) +15 (+2)
MyTome +1
eStudie +1
MyScriptures +3

Now, I'm not sure about the addition "Phanera".
I would think the name "Biblia Phanera" is too long.

Because the results for iSword and Biblia are so close I'm, thinking about doing another vote over iSword and Biblia only.
What do you think?

Manfred

Posted by ninjaaron at Sep 18, 2011 5:46:00 AM
I was actually thinking about "Biblia Phanera" being a bit long myself.

Should you decide to use it at all, you could treat it like a subtitle, with just "Biblia" for short, and brand it along these lines:

(obviously don't brand it exactly like this with the Zapf font, unless you want an injunction, cause Apple is all about that).

I seriously don't know why I even have an opinion about this. I use Linux and run Xiphos and BibleTime.
biggrin

Posted by mdbergmann at Sep 18, 2011 6:14:24 AM
I seriously don't know why I even have an opinion about this. I use Linux and run Xiphos and BibleTime.
biggrin

Well, anyhow. Thanks for your opinion. :)

Manfred

Posted by TheNavyBear at Sep 18, 2011 7:42:43 AM
If it ends up being Biblia Phanera, then I change my Biblia vote (it was a +2) to iSword, cause as much as iSomething is over played, iSword is better than Biblia Phanera IMO, it should be something short and simple...
----------------------------------------
TheNavyBear was here!

Posted by mdbergmann at Sep 18, 2011 9:11:42 AM
If it ends up being Biblia Phanera, then I change my Biblia vote (it was a +2) to iSword, cause as much as iSomething is over played, iSword is better than Biblia Phanera IMO, it should be something short and simple...

I wouldn't just use "Biblia Phanera" if the most votes are for "Biblia". But I'm thinking whether it makes sense to start a new vote over the three names.

Manfred

Posted by cottager at Sep 18, 2011 2:21:39 PM
Of the top 3 I still like Biblia best. (adding Phanera is too long).

Posted by DanielGardner at Sep 19, 2011 6:59:40 AM
Hullo, I registered just to comment on this thread. I vote for Biblia (short version). Adding Phanera is not wise, imo.
1). Honestly, few know what Phanera means, so it's like an inside joke that doesn't work well.
2). It adds nothing to the flow of the title. Saying "Biblia app" is beautiful, but saying "Biblia Phanera App" is cumbersome.
3). "Biblia" sums up the core of this software because it brings to mind "Bible" while at the same time conjuring up an international, multi-linguistic feel. "Phanera" conjures nothing to mind because quite frankly, I have no idea what it MEANS.
4). Think small. In case of a future iPhone app, wouldn't Biblia be to the point? Smaller titles means it gets stamped quickly on people's minds. I can easily memorize the word "Biblia" but here in a week I will have forgotten how to spell Phanera. Which means if I want to recommend this app in an email, etc I first have to do a Google search just to find out how to spell it.
5). I just did a google search to discover what Phanera means. The first two results (one of them is a wikipedia article) deal with "The genus Phanera is in the family Leguminosae in the major group Angiosperms (Flowering plants)." Confusing as heck.

Biblia +1 (without phanera)

Posted by ninjaaron at Sep 19, 2011 12:56:43 PM
^^^^^^

The man may have a point.

Posts: 64   Pages: 7   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page ]