mvnForum Homepage

Print at Nov 28, 2014 11:17:57 AM View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by gichurch at Apr 24, 2004 3:51:03 PM
Arabic Bible
I installed the Arabic Bible in Gnomesword, unfortunately the characters are not binding properly to words, but are all shown individually . I guess there must bee some Arabic internationalistaion module for Gnome itself necesary. Anyone has a clue ?

Thanks !

Posted by andyp at Apr 25, 2004 6:16:14 AM
Re: Arabic Bible
Not sure why this could be, but I know there have been some recent right-to-left fixes in CVS.

The best thing might be to post to the gnomesword mailing lists (users or developers) and post a bug report to our project page with a more detailed description.

Posted by terry at May 2, 2004 9:42:59 AM
Does the module work correctly with another frontend?
----------------------------------------
GnomeSword Developer

Posted by gichurch at May 2, 2004 11:05:48 AM
yes, no problem under Bibletime.

Arabic letters have usually between three and four forms, which are used depending on the position of teh letter within the word, a bit like capital and small letters in latin script. Under gnomesword I have only solitary letters ("capitals")

The sasme module looks fine under Bibletime

Posted by Osk at May 3, 2004 11:57:07 AM
GnomeSword may need to enable the UTF8arShaping filter, which requires ICU, in order to render properly shaped Arabic (and I'm not even certain that the shaping filter actually works, since I don't recall whether we use it for BibleCS). BibleTime probably doesn't need this since I'm sure KDE manages shaping itself.