mvnForum Homepage

Print at Dec 20, 2014 9:53:08 PM View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by donkei at Jun 12, 2011 2:01:43 PM
Can we save History
Is there any way to save the History so we can use it as history of the study and date it for future use.
Thank you,

Posted by niccarter at Jun 12, 2011 4:54:38 PM
Re: Can we save History
Hi there,

Sorry, right now there is no way to do this. That is an interesting thought, and I wonder what it would look like? Perhaps an export button that would email you the current history?

Thanks, ybic
nic... :)
----------------------------------------
PocketSword Developer
http://twitter.com/PocketSword

Posted by donkei at Jun 13, 2011 1:27:20 PM
Would like to see it saved within the program if possible.
But either or maybe both would be great.
Would it be possible to have a Copy option and then paste it to a text file?
Thank you.

Posted by JonGl at Jun 14, 2011 10:54:07 PM
Hi there,

Sorry, right now there is no way to do this. That is an interesting thought, and I wonder what it would look like? Perhaps an export button that would email you the current history?

I requested this from Ken Ham for Online Bible waaay back with version 2! I also used to bug the Accordance people about this later.

What I envisioned was an hierarchical history, showing a tree of where you came from, with individual branches for each divergence or independent search. I used to find that retracing my steps for how I got to a point really helped me see relationships I had missed while doing the work. I think that, over the years, I've learned how to keep track in my head, but wow, if someone would do this today, I'd be happy! It would be even better if this feature could be implemented in a way that could be seeded across the entire Sword Project apps. (in particular Eloquent, which I use together with PocketSword) I suspect the same could be said for integrating Evernote with notes. I only wish I knew how to code, and had the time...

-Jon