mvnForum Homepage

Print at Nov 26, 2014 10:37:30 AM View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by kenboonejr at May 16, 2011 6:02:10 PM
I don't fully understand the search methodology
So I don't think I understand how to search quite right yet. I read through the wiki but I thought I understood that if I do not put the criteria in quotes it will give an exact match.

For instance I want to find all occurrences of the word sin or sins. When I do a search like this:

sin OR sins

I get back verse that contain the word sinned and the word Sinai. I understood that it would only show those if I used the * wildcard at the end of the word.

Can someone show what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Posted by mdbergmann at May 18, 2011 5:44:17 AM
Re: I don't fully understand the search methodology
Well, actually it should only find "sin" or "sins".
Could it be that those examples you are refering to where "Sinai" and "sinned" were found, too that "sin" or "sins" exist in the same verse so that it is more or less a problem of the highlighting?
The highlighting is a post-process and might have this error which need not have to do with the search as such.

Manfred

Posted by kenboonejr at May 18, 2011 6:31:50 AM
Yes apparently that is what is happening. I did it again and I see that those verses have the word sin or sins in them as well. So then my next question is this. When it is says 535 results is that referring to the number of times sin or sins was found or is that referring to the number of items highlighted? I just want to make sure I know what I am interpreting. Thank you for your help.

Posted by mdbergmann at May 18, 2011 8:16:02 AM
The number of results refers to the number of found verses.
I'll file a bug report for the highlighting.

Manfred

Posted by kenboonejr at May 19, 2011 6:03:34 AM
Thanks for your help with this!